722K + PowerLine/HomePlug 500MBps Adapter

theoak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
My office is in an area in the home where I don't get the greatest wireless signal.

I could try a new wireless router, but as cheap as these PowerLine/HomePlug adapters are getting, I am okay with a "wired" connection using one of these adapters especially if I get better throughput in the end anyway.

So of course I got thinking that the 722K is supposed to have PowerLine/HomePlug built in.

Questions:

1. Does anyone have a 722K with a 500Mbps Powerline Adapter and does it work?
2. With the "older" standard of HomePlug that is built into the 722K, do you find it degrades the speed of all connected devices via PowerLine?

My office is in an area in the home where I don't get the greatest wireless signal.

I could try a new wireless router, but as cheap as these PowerLine/HomePlug adapters are getting, I am okay with a "wired" connection using one of these adapters especially if I get better throughput in the end anyway.

So of course I got thinking that the 722K is supposed to have PowerLine/HomePlug built in.

Questions:

1. Does anyone have a 722K with a 500Mbps Powerline Adapter and does it work?
The VIP series only support 85MBPS
2. With the "older" standard of HomePlug that is built into the 722K, do you find it degrades the speed of all connected devices via PowerLine?
I couldn't tell any difference when I had my 622 with a Sing Link Adpater.

See my comments in Red.

Thank you for your reply.

I did a little digging.

HomePlug 1.0 and HomePlug "Turbo" can interoperate; that is, HomePlug 1.0 and HomePlug Turbo adapters will see each other and talk to each other.

Also, HomePlug AV (200Mbps) and HomePlug AV2 (500Mps) can interoperate; that is, HomePlug AV and HomePlug AV2 adapters will see each other and talk to each other.

HomePlug 1.0 and HomePlug AV can coexist, but they do not see each other.

So, I can plug my 500Mbps adapter in, but it will not see my 722K. (Bummer)

Also, all networks will run at the slowest speed. So if you do mix 200Mbps and 500Mbps adapters, everyone drops to 200Mbps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)