722k shutting down

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dimitriz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
Hello,

I need some advice on trying to figure out what is going on with my receiver.
I had a 722k for at least 1yr+, never any issues.
All of a sudden it started rebooting randomly etc.. until one day it never would pass the Dish start-up screen.
Dish sent me a new 722k and it worked fine for about a week.
Now it will completely shut off (power on only from receiver itself) when I power it down through remote. Not always, but 50%-60% of the time.
This morning it wouldn't even boot up from receiver itself until I pulled the power plug.
Dish sent a tech out here since 2nd 722k started doing the reboots but he couldn't find anything wrong.
Injector was fine, DP44(?) was fine..,etc.. we reran the RG6s from the switch back to the receiver.
My other non DVR receivers are working just fine.
I do have an OTA module in the 722k.
The receivers were plugged into the power conditioner and we tried directly to the wall outlet.
Nothing in my configuration changed besides me adding a 3rd TV to my 4x4 HDMI matrix.

Help!, lol..., before I pull all my hair out. I am all out of ideas completely.

Thanks

is it connected to a panasonic tv?
there is a well documented bug with panny tv's and this receiver, especially when trying to get TV2 to work properly, without TV1 being on first..

The same crap happens to me almost every morning; TV1 is a panasonic, and tv2 is a Samsung..

is it connected to a panasonic tv?
there is a well documented bug with panny tv's and this receiver, especially when trying to get TV2 to work properly, without TV1 being on first..

The same crap happens to me almost every morning; TV1 is a panasonic, and tv2 is a Samsung..

Hmmm...
Well, my TV setup is like this.
722k to 4x4 Matrix with TV1=Philips LCD, TV2=Olevia LCD, TV3=Panasonic plasma.
I have no TV2 output on 722k.
Interestingly enough I do believe that the problem started the day I got the new TV plugged in via HDMI. It ran via Component for the first few days then I used HDMI over CAT6 outlets from Monoprice.
Unplugged the Pany from the matrix... 722k fired right up. (it shut off since my 1st post again)
Let's see how long this is gonna last.
Any threads on this to point out?

Thanks!

here is the first thread where i started to learn about the TV2 problem

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/268874-722k-issues-second-tv.html

here is another thread that has info about problems with TV2 as well

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/268874-722k-issues-second-tv.html

Not sure if either of these relate to your problem specifically, but it appears when HDMI is the way that TV1 is connected, then your chances of issues like yours and mine increase greatly..

For me to circumvent this issue, I have to turn TV1 on completely in the morning, THEN turn on tv 2, and it works fine for the rest of the day...

here is the first thread where i started to learn about the TV2 problem

here is another thread that has info about problems with TV2 as well

Not sure if either of these relate to your problem specifically, but it appears when HDMI is the way that TV1 is connected, then your chances of issues like yours and mine increase greatly..

For me to circumvent this issue, I have to turn TV1 on completely in the morning, THEN turn on tv 2, and it works fine for the rest of the day...

I think you pasted the same link :)
So far my receiver been stable since I disconnected my Panasonic plasma.
Ouch! Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)