722K Start-Finish timed recordings?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tsummerall

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Is there a way to set a recording based on arbitrary start and finish times rather than a guide event?

Two ways. 1. Manual timer. 2. Extend start and finish times from timer set from guide (Options).

Yeah, I have done this with manual timer. Not at my box right now, but I recall it being deep in the menus. Go to my recordings and somewhere in timers you will see manual settings. Only way to record OTA channels since for some reason my dish 722k can't get the OTA channel guide. Funny that my samsung tv's can get it???

Contenr providers do this purposefully to screw with people who record and time shift.

I think the content providers do it because the vast majority of viewers are still linear viewers and the channels want the content to run over into the next programs start time to prevent people from turning the channel, and by then the viewer has missed the start of the show they wanted to tune to, so now they may as well watch the show that started 1 or 2 minutes after schedule. The content providers have no interest in upsetting DVR users as DVR recordings are now counted as views for ratings purposes, but the channels know that viewers can add a few minutes pad to the DVR end time.

It's so funny, I can't even remember what that it's like to watch linearly.

I got this swanky Harmony One remote and you can program in favorite channels with fancy custom icons. At first I was like "awesome! I'll program in all the channels I watch!" Then I realized I almost never watch anything live anymore hence I have almost no need to go to some new channel while watching TV.

Last edited:
It's so funny, I can't even remember what that it's like to watch linearly.

I got this swanky Harmony One remote and you can program in favorite channels with fancy custom icons. At first I was like "awesome! I'll program in all the channels I watch!" Then I realized I almost never watch anything live anymore hence I have almost no need to go to channel while watching TV.

+1

And to the OP....If you are taking advantage of the 722k's internet feature, you can log on to Dish Remote Access where you can do all of this in seconds right from your browser.

Oh wow, I just upgraded to the 722k and didn't even realize there was a web interface. Excellent!

Now if it could only realize that not every episode of the Daily Show is new so I don't have to make individual events for them...

Ok, I just went to Dish Remote Access (very cool) but I didn't see how to create a timer starting at some arbitrary time and ending at some arbitrary time.

ie July 20th from 1:40 to 3:20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)