722K System Wizard Restore?

parp

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
I purchased a new 21.0 IR/UHF remote for my 722K because the old remote has several buttons that need to be pressed really hard to operate. (Do these things seem to wear out faster than they used to?) I have a lot of "learned" buttons on my remote, but I thought it will be ok because I will back up my remote and restore the settings to the replacement using System Wizard. Piece of cake!

I have the new remote address set to control the receiver, and that works fine. So on to restore the remote settings...

Except... There is no "restore" option in System Wizard! Where did it go? Why isn't it there? I talked to Advanced Tech Support, and they have no idea why it isn't there. We went through the entire process, starting with backing up the original remote...

My question to you guys: Can you see if you have a "restore" option in your System Wizard on your 722K? (You will probably have to be backed up first...) Please tell me if you do, or don't, and what software version you have.

Thanks!

I think the remote is meant to be used to back up the receiver settings, like timers etc., I don't think the receiver can be used to back up the remote settings. 'Restore' probably isn't there using the new remote because it doesn't have any settings stored to restore to the receiver.

Note the words 'I think' in all this. :)

Actually, the System Wizard can backup receiver settings and/or remote settings. No question about that!

You CAN restore remote and receivers settings. I have swapped receivers in the field for customers with 722K's and if I remember right, when you enter the system wizard with the NEW remote, it'll pop up a message something to the effect, "the receiver doesn't recognize the remote, but settings are saved from a previous remote, would you like to transfer the settings?"
Try entering the system wizard with the NEW remote and see if it pops up. If not, use the old remote in the system wizard and save your settings (full backup) to that remote and go through the process with the new one and see if it'll transfer them to your new one.

Yep, that's what I've been trying. Even went through it with Advanced Tech Support... There simply is no restore option, only a backup option.

I want to know if anyone with a 722K can see the restore option. (Perhaps a software update accidentally removed it?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts