722K UHF Remote 2 Problem

triple835

Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
UP of Michigan

I seem to be having the opposite problem that everyone else is having.

Ihave a Sony Bravia KDL-46EX400 , LCD TV, and my UHF remote 2 won't workcorrectly when this TV is on. Most issues I've read about involve LED TVs, andremote one and interference. My IR remote works perfectly. I've experimentedwith moving the receiver further from the TV, new batteries, reprogramming theremote, and adjusting the antenna. Remote reception is not the problem, interferencefrom the TV is.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

I'll give that a shot. I didn't try that yet, because it seems to be working fine if the TV is off. It does make sense to move the antenna portion away from the device causing the interference.

KAB, that definitely helped. I was hoping not to have another cable coming out from behind my TV, but it's much better than not having a working remote. Thanks for your help.

KAB, that definitely helped. I was hoping not to have another cable coming out from behind my TV, but it's much better than not having a working remote. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. Get a couple of splitters and go by the diagram I referenced and you won't have to have another cable.

Using the splitters as described, would probably work. I just had the same problem with a Dish 722 DVR and a new LG 47" LED TV. In my case, this is a new house and there were 4 coax cables behind the TV all going to a low voltage panel in the basement. 2 are used for the dish itself and I've use 1 more to connect the RF out of the DVR to the other TVs in the house. So, I connected the 4th coax to the remote input on the DVR. I put the antenna just above the low voltage panel in the basement. It works perfectly. Initially I got bogged down thinking the problem was a small FM audio transmitter that I use to bring audio to a portable speaker near the listener, in a very echo-y room. But, the transmitter was just adding a little more noise to the huge noise coming out of the TV. I wonder how this TV passes FCC Part 15?

This worked great for me:

I connected a "cheapo" indoor TV antenna to the remote's antenna output from the receiver with 6' of coax. Actually, I did this with a couple of antennas I bought from the dollar store at a total cost of about $10. One's hooked up to my 722K, the other to my 722. Works GREAT! I can control either receiver from back in the woods behind my house no problem, lol.:D

Ed

old corps said:
This worked great for me:

I connected a "cheapo" indoor TV antenna to the remote's antenna output from the receiver with 6' of coax. Actually, I did this with a couple of antennas I bought from the dollar store at a total cost of about $10. One's hooked up to my 722K, the other to my 722. Works GREAT! I can control either receiver from back in the woods behind my house no problem, lol.:D

Ed

Thanks for the idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts