722k won't accept DHCP-provided address

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mjstraw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Two 722ks, both tested successful broadband connection when installed. Both wired directly to router which is also acting as DHCP server.

Now one won't connect. Try "reset connection" but it never gets address, mask etc (all 0.0.0.0)

Checked DHCP log on router. Shows repeated dhcp discover/offer loop from/to the 722k in question. 722k sez "I need an address", server sez "here, use this one" and repeat.

I haven't tried power cycle or red button on 722k but will tonight.

Thoughts?

Mark

Router?

Two 722ks, both tested successful broadband connection when installed. Both wired directly to router which is also acting as DHCP server.

Now one won't connect. Try "reset connection" but it never gets address, mask etc (all 0.0.0.0)

Checked DHCP log on router. Shows repeated dhcp discover/offer loop from/to the 722k in question. 722k sez "I need an address", server sez "here, use this one" and repeat.

I haven't tried power cycle or red button on 722k but will tonight.

Thoughts?

Mark

I had the same problem with a D-Link wireless/wired router. Replaced it w/ Lynksys and boom had connection. The problem w/ the D-Link with the s/w that came w/it that didn't like setting up the 722k because it could talk to it like a PC.

solution

Thanks all for the suggestions. Tried power cycle, no phone line attached.

Had time last night for some systematic troubleshooting. My laptop was showing connectivity problems when connected in place of the 722k. I started working back toward the router one "segment" at a time (new cable into wall jack, no difference, etc).

Bottom line - up at my attic patch-panel I moved the 722k's wall jack to another cable running to the router ports in the basement and that corrected the problem. Now I need some more troubleshooting to determine if it's a bad connector, cable, or even router port.

Hopefully I got this solved before getting smacked with the infamous $5 not-staying-connected fee.

Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)