72w Ku in different position than 72w C band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Do I have an alignment issue or f/d issue?
The other sats are right on. If I peak the dish position and Skew on the other hybrid satellites its not a problem.

Heard of this before and, at least to me, it couldn't be a problem with the dish, FL, or FD. Think it would affect all satellites if that were the case. IMHO it would most likely be adjacent interference.

I have a couple of hybrids that occasionally do the same thing. I was thinking that they may be moving around "in the box" and causing it but I guess adjacent sat interference could do it as well.

Things that make you go hummm...................

Do I have an alignment issue or f/d issue?
The other sats are right on. If I peak the dish position and Skew on the other hybrid satellites its not a problem.

I would guess you thought you were peaked up on c-band and then when you went to Ku-band, you had to adjust your dish position a click or two.

Ku-band has tighter aiming tolerances than c-band, so it's best to align your dish and store your positions using Ku-band on those satellites that have c and ku band transmissions from the same physical satellite.

C band on 72 disappears when I peak on ku

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You'll have to do like I do on this then, ie, assign different position numbers for C and Ku at nearly the same location. I've got several programmed in that way. Most of the problems I see are only about 4/6 clicks off but it does make a difference especially on my Unimesh as it's not tuned in quite as good as the Winegard. Some Ku sat locations on that dish are only 3 clicks wide, which is really narrow compared to the Winegard which is about double that.

And speaking of fine tuning, I took some measurements off that Umimesh dish last week from the feed horn throat to the edge of the dish and it's about 1.5" off? I'm looking into changing out that button hook and making 4 mounting arms for it like the ones on the Winegard dish. Once I get a laser alignment mount made for the feedhorn throat on the DMX LNBF I'm going to try to do that using 1/2" EMT.

Sounds like a good plan. I am sure mine needs peaked and tuned after this winter.

Mine is in the same boat too, 50mph winds yesterday most of the day and overnight, now signals have dropped considerably on almost all sats. Hope my mount isn't bent or distorted from all that pressure...
Forecasting another storm for Monday, same winds only from the opposite direction so the dish is protected by the trees behind. 6-10" more snow! :(

This has been a really rough season!

Think that would effect ALL satellites, not just one.

Not necessarily, as just a few little problems here and there with things shifting on a dish can add up into a bigger error for a particular sat or two.

Everything is supposition anyway until you fix it and know for sure...

Figured out my problem. Feed arm was rusted and water froze splitting it open and distorting the centering of the feed. I made new arms out of 1/2" emt conduit. Flattened the ends Andrade them the same length.

Life is good and c and ku are in the same spot.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1397070801.676939.jpgnew arms I made from emt conduit

Drilled holes in bottoms to prevent rain buildup an freezing damage.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)