74w remnants?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
I was trying to find a new sat to watch last night and I noticed a couple of ticks west of 72 I got 3 strong tp's but with no tv or radio on them.
11841H 33000
11881H 33000
12060V 27695
possibly 74w? I couldn't find any matches on lyngsat or sathint.

yes that is 74W

per the "strong transponder list" thread 12060 is the data TP that any receiver can lock on. The other 2 I think are DVB-S2
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/85225-i-need-strong-transponder-aim-my.html
I first found it with the coolsat 5000,now I have the openbox on it.
Playing with old euro firmware on my coolsat 4000 years ago I noticed some of their old firmware would detect tp's with data as tv channels,the apid and vpid would both be 65535 (hex FF's?) whereas legit coolsat firmware would reject those and not add them to the tv channel list.

Playing with old euro firmware on my coolsat 4000 years ago I noticed some of their old firmware would detect tp's with data as tv channels,the apid and vpid would both be 65535 (hex FF's?) whereas legit coolsat firmware would reject those and not add them to the tv channel list.
yep the old hackerware does that too. Logs them as radio

I think what you get on 74w Ku is just feeds. I've scanned and rescanned a few times with my S10 and depending on the time of day got news feeds and a basketball game (or not). Even found a local tv station doing a remote using this sat. I chalk it up as a true hobbyist sat: when you want to gamble on wild feeds, roll the dice and see if 74w will give you any. I've got a good set of tp's saved now that have been active one time or another plus the standard list so its now quick to scan presets.

I was trying for a feed I know is on friday nights,I have missed it for over 1 month now.I always scanned from 83w to 105w and found nothing.Now I will try 74w when the time comes.I thought they may have gone C band,but 74w gives me hope.

I was trying for a feed I know is on friday nights,I have missed it for over 1 month now
I scan 74 all the time and rarely do I find a feed. Once in a while on saturdays (usually college sports) but not as much as it use to be

11791h 13333 with the coolsat 5000
I just switched to the s10 to scan with that.
Too late to see what is was with the s10,but just fast enough to show as a channel in the channel list.Good enough to keep 74w in my s10 sat list for scanning ease later on.With the coolsat it appeared as hd?.

Last edited:
I scan 74 all the time and rarely do I find a feed. Once in a while on saturdays (usually college sports) but not as much as it use to be

the feed in question appears 9:15pm eastern time and is gone by midnight on the sat I used to find it on.(83w)

11791h 13333 with the coolsat 5000
I just switched to the s10 to scan with that.
Too late to see what is was with the s10,but just fast enough to show as a channel in the channel list.Good enough to keep 74w in my s10 sat list for scanning ease later on.With the coolsat it appeared as hd?.

If the CS5000 doesnt show a picture but there is audio it could be two options
HD will show as a bright green screen
4:2:2 will show as a "tearing" screen usually of the last channel you had up

The S10 will show HD but not 4:2:2

4:2:2 will show as a "tearing" screen usually of the last channel you had up

The S10 will show HD but not 4:2:2

s10 will record 4:2:2 but you have to play the recorded file using the pc(vlc media player) to view.
I recorded a couple of minutes of said feed on 91w but had a hard time finding the file.For some reason the
receiver gave it a wacky date,even though previous regular recordings had the correct dates.

85w was the first fta sat I ever aimed for.
I had a primestar receiver but I bought it too late.It was after dtv bought them out so the only thing that was left was barker channels for primestar on 85w.The signal meter on the receiver was backwards,low quality was 100% and the highest was 0%

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts