8/19/2009 12:29pm - Uplink Activity Report - 49 changes

I do remember hearing on some chat... think it was a retailer chat that Scott recapped saying 2 or 3 markets would need 8PSK receivers. I know Alexandria was one, and another in Texas, but I don't remember which one it was up north.

Marquette, MI
8PSK-capable receiver required, but still QPSK

digiblur, could you add previews to the list of status flag changes? Maybe they're being caught but need wording added to the report output.

Marquette, MI
8PSK-capable receiver required, but still QPSK

digiblur, could you add previews to the list of status flag changes? Maybe they're being caught but need wording added to the report output.

Their probably requiring all 8PSK's on the CSR's side, where the can't add that local package to your account without all 8PSK receivers. Kinda like the MPEG2 receiver on a EA install.

It's on my list for the free preview wording, but I haven't had time to touch the code in a couple of weeks. In the process of moving in the next couple of weeks, so it might be a bit.

Woo-Hoo! That looks like it'll cover it alright! It could be "soon"! I'm so excited!

Seriously...every time I stop in at my local Dish retailer they tell me that they heard it would be whatever the next month happens to be. I stopped in in July and he said "I heard it would be August."

It's kind of comical, actually.

Can anyone tell me if the new HD locals for Columbus/Tupelo MS market is available only on Ciel 129w or is also on 61.5w ?

Thanks James

Columbus/Tupelo ms local HD

Thanks for your reply Iceberg. Do you think Dish will ever add them to 61.5w ? Do I need to change out dish which has 129w, or try for Eastern arc setup?

Sorry for even more questions.
Thanks

Thanks for your reply Iceberg. Do you think Dish will ever add them to 61.5w ? Do I need to change out dish which has 129w, or try for Eastern arc setup?

Sorry for even more questions.
Thanks

There's no room on 61.5 right now for that area. This is why they were not added before. You can always swing over the 61.5 dish to 129 if you feel up to it, it's rather simple. I'll post the quick instructions for you if you'd like. Make sure you have line of sight to 129 from where the 61.5 dish is now though.

Thanks Digiblur, but One last question. Is the signal strength of 129w fairly weak or has the 129w sat been improved? Yes I would like directions on repointing to 129w Thanks a lot..

Thanks Digiblur, but One last question. Is the signal strength of 129w fairly weak or has the 129w sat been improved? Yes I would like directions on repointing to 129w Thanks a lot..

Echostar 5 used to be at 129 and did have some issues with signal strength...not so much in this area but it wasn't like Ciel-2 is now at 129. Ciel-2 isn't as powerful as the powerhouse combo of E10 and E11 at 110w but that's due to Ciel-2 doing the work of two birds. I don't have any issues at all with 129 though...pretty good signals.

Since Ciel-2 is also a spotbeam satellite they had a lot of space to add tons of HD locals such as your area.

Go to DishPointer.com and check your area, zoom in to your house on satellite view if you can to see if you have any line of sight issues, it will also show where you need to aim. Look below the map and you'll also see the elevation you need to set your dish on or around.

Basically you'll want to pick a transponder that is in the same "mode" as 61.5. Let's go with TP 22. Go to your point dish screen on your receiver. Put it on TP 22. Make sure you have a signal and it says locked 61.5. Make a note of the signal strength in case you need to go back to 61.5.

1. Grab a 7/16's wrench to loosen the bolts on the dish. Also grab a permanent marker or paint pen, etc. This is to make a mark of where you are now in case you can't find 129.

2. If you can, hook up a small TV to the receiver and put it in the visible location from the dish. If you not, you'll need help from someone watching the screen and on phones or walkie-talkies.

3. Make your marks on the elevation scale and draw straight line down the mount and the pole, right where it twists on the pole. Let it dry a minute.

4. Loosen the elevation and set it to the number where Dishpointer said. Tighten this bolt back. Do not over tighten, just enough to hold its place for now.

5. Loosen the two bolts that will allow the dish to move side to side. Now swing the dish over to where you think 129 is from the Dishpointer.com session.

6. Now slowly move the dish side to side. Slowly! Each move needs to be very small and wait a few seconds after you move as there is a delay in the signal meter. The signal meter will show a signal but it will say wrong satellite 129. But that's ok, we will fix that later.

7. Keep swinging back and forth until you find it. If you don't find it then set the elevation a little higher. If you think a tree is blocking the line of sight, remember the LNB is 22 degrees offset. Which means the dish is actually "looking" 22 degrees higher in the sky than you think.

8. Once you find the signal make very very small adjustments until you get the highest signal. Once you are satisfied, lock all the bolts down so the wind doesn't move the dish.

9. The receiver will still have the wrong satellite 129 message. Go to the Check Switch option on the screen and let it run. It should come back and show you have 110/119/129 now. The receiver will redownload the guide and such when you exit the screens. After that you're done.

10. You should see the new locals as long as you are subscribed to the locals in your area. If you have custom favorite lists don't forget to go add the new locals to them.

Enjoy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)