8.4.1 battery drain

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
The last few days I have had serious battery drain on my iPhone 6, running iOS 8.4.1. I have done every trick in the book, but to no avail. I am unsure if it is iOS, or if it is an app. Battery usage suggests Facebook is using more than anything, but I haven't even used the dang thing today. I have not seen a battery problem like this in a long time. Just let the phone drain until it shut off, and now re-charging back to 100% before doing a hard reset, to see if it needed a calibration. When that is done I am going to turn notifications off for FB, and see if that helps, and if necessary, I'll delete the FB app. After that, I'm left thinking i have a battery going bad. In which case, I'll be going in for apple care. Sigh....

Don't want to jinx it but the recalibration might have worked. It has been well more than an hour and its still sitting at 100%. Fingers crossed. :)

If it happens again, restore your phone as a new phone and put in your iCloud credentials. Do not restore from back up. If there is a corruption in your backup data you will put it back on your phone. So it is better to restore as a new phone.

No problems with the battery life on my 6 with 8.4.1

I try to remember to reset my phone once a week. Seems to keep things running smoothly.

It seems to be fine now. The full drain and hard reset seemed to work. Just glad the battery does not seem to have a physical problem.

My wife's 5s had a drain problem the other week, but her's was a simple "too many Apps running" issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)