8 bay channel master antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hdhead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Quick question,

If one were to bend channel master's 8 bay antenna (essentially two four bays connected side by side) into more of a wedge shape, would that widen the off axis pickup ability?

Thanks

hdhead said:
Quick question,

If one were to bend channel master's 8 bay antenna (essentially two four bays connected side by side) into more of a wedge shape, would that widen the off axis pickup ability?

Thanks

Yes, and reduce the gain to that of the cheaper and smaller 4 bay. Is there a reaason that you wouldn't buy the 4 bay in the first place?

Tower Guy said:
Yes, and reduce the gain to that of the cheaper and smaller 4 bay. Is there a reaason that you wouldn't buy the 4 bay in the first place?

I originally had a four bay up there, but switched to the eight bay and got improved gain, but a more narrow pickup. I traded stronger signal levels for a couple channels and am hoping to get all of the channels. If I turn the antenna 10 degrees, I can pickup the other stations, but lose two others.

FYI, I live in 63070, but am down in a valley so I have to pull my locals from Cape Girardeau MO, Carbondale IL and Padukah KY.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)