8 million dollar judgment

Did a little digging this suite was not about a school project. Not a little old lady who downloaded one song and got sued for $250,000. Not a programmer that has other uses. This was a device who's sole purpose was to steal programming. That is why they not only sued but won. There are a lot of stories of over reaching suites this is not one of those. ;)

He wasn't saying the suit wasn't legitimate, he was saying that people who bought hardware for legal purposes shouldn't have been party to it anyway.

Since computers can be used for piracy, should the entertainment industry just sue everyone who buys a computer? Don't laugh, Brazil just recently banned one model of satellite receiver which can be used for unencrypted channels, just because people use it for piracy. (There are actually few if any current models that you can't use for pirating one service or another, via one process or another.)

Well my point is they may know what you bought. They may know were you live. But they don't know if you broke the law. The slam dunk cases are products that have only one use which happens to be against the law. Like the dongle. But having your address for buying a switch or FTA receiver from one of these sights in my view does not make you a actionable target. The e-mails go to everyone regardless of what was purchased.

Yeah... unless you somehow paid cash good luck with that. There's no erasing records of digital transactions in this day and age.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nothing was purchased by me. Reading, asking questions, and talking just like I do here is my crime. I didn't realize that they had anything but did have ads and I think if you were a paying member you could get files from them. I'm a legal sub of E* if contacted will say what you have that says I did anything illegal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)