811 and JVC DR-MV1S DVD-R/VCR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Carl B

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2003
Arvada, CO
Odd that their really isn't a forum here to talk about interfacing a DVD-R w/ a DBS receiver, even though they appear to be one hot electronics items for this Christmas. Anyway, since it is 811 related, I'm posting here.

My problem so far is that the E* remote for my 811 can't control the DR-MV1S. I've tried every code for JVC DVDs and VCRs, and I've tried scanning codes. No joy! Any ideas or insight here?

My second problem is that the JVC IR universal remote for the DR-MV1S can't control the 811. The JVC manual (didn't JVC make some of these 811's) provides only one code for E* receivers and it doesn't work on the 811, even though the JVC is much newer. This is troubling in that I probably won't be able to control the 811 w/ the JVC unit's IR blaster come time to pre-program recordings. Thoughts here?

Thanks in advance.

Okay, shake off the holiday spirits. Any ideas regarding my interface problems, in either direction?

If you make sure that the remote address for the 811 is set to 1 your JVC should then be able to control it. (most universal remote codes are only for address #1) If you have other E* receivers make sure none of them are set to the same address. And NO, JVC does not make any E* receivers. They are all made by E* with JVC or RCA labels.

Thanks. I forgot about the Remote Address. I'll try it at #1.

My point about JVC was simply that they should be close enough to E* to publish a correct code in their manual.

Any ideas regarding a code for my Dish Universal remote to control the JVC DVD-R? As I noted, I've already tried all the VCR and DVD codes for JVC and tried scanning for codes, to no avail.

"My problem so far is that the E* remote for my 811 can't control the DR-MV1S. I've tried every code for JVC DVDs and VCRs, and I've tried scanning codes. No joy! Any ideas or insight here?"

A little help here please. Thanks in advance.

I had the same sort of problem with my new Pioneer DVD Recorder, model DVR-520H. I bought it as I read a post that you could use the IR blaster to control the DVD recorder as a VCR. So I tried each of the codes in the 811 manual and none worked for this. Then I read one page in the manual that states satellite control only works for record and stop on the Pioneer, which makes testing suck as your supposed to try and power it on and off to test the codes. I then read someone else post on another forum that 573 works for a different model Pioneer DVD recorder. So I entered that as my VCR code, setup a timer recording, left the DVD recorder on and viola the 811 recorded and stopped the recording per the timer.

Thats about as much functionality as I can get out of my Dish Remote or from the 811, but hell that works for me as I can setup timers and record shows in near 480i quality (HDTV recorded this way looks great). So try the codes and try it against a timer recording...

It seems for some reason controlling a combo device with a universal remote doesn't wotk, my present remotew has controlled numerous devices but as soon as I attempted to control a JVC combo device no go!!!

That's a good point on the universal remote. I have a Toshiba combo DVD/VCR/Tuner and it was a little bit of a trial setting up one remote for it.

Carl B said:
"My problem so far is that the E* remote for my 811 can't control the DR-MV1S. I've tried every code for JVC DVDs and VCRs, and I've tried scanning codes. No joy! Any ideas or insight here?"

A little help here please. Thanks in advance.
Carl,
Don't know if this will help or not, but my 921 manual lists more codes for the JVC DVDs: 636,689,708,711
Good luck.
I have a JVC 8030 AV receiver which can't be controlled by one of my universal remotes. I finally bought a Harmony 680 and am now controlling everything. This wouldn't help in setting up automatic recording though.
Brian :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)