811 and lack ofguide info

samavedy

Original poster
Aug 12, 2004
811 and lack of guide info

I have been having 811 for 7 months now, I am still on 281 software version. Lately I notice the 811 has guide info only for a day and if I try to see beyond that, it does not download the second day automatically, it just says "info not available". If I do a soft reset , then it downloads for 48hours, this happens everyday and is annoying. I had blocked the 282 download due to the bugs reported, however something else seems to have sneaked in to cause this bug in the last 10 days or so. Has anybody else noticed it?

Supposedly it's a bug, but it does not happen on every box for whatever reason. I'm on P282 but I didn't notice it in P281. Only certain receivers are not able to make the local channel bug freeze go away as well. P282 has been working fine for me, but it only went out to the first batch of receivers, so chances are you never would have gotten it anyways.

Stay at P2.81

samavedy said:
I have been having 811 for 7 months now, I am still on 281 software version. Lately I notice the 811 has guide info only for a day and if I try to see beyond that, it does not download the second day automatically, it just says "info not available". If I do a soft reset , then it downloads for 48hours, this happens everyday and is annoying. I had blocked the 282 download due to the bugs reported, however something else seems to have sneaked in to cause this bug in the last 10 days or so. Has anybody else noticed it?
281 has that irritating lack of guide info bug. I would gladly trade my 282 firmware for your 281 firmware. This constant BSOD when surfing OTA is driving me crazy.

My guide data sucks now after one of these last updates, when I first got the 811 I had no problems withthe guide or switching from OTA to Dish channels now I'm lucky to get two straight hours of guide data. Thanks for the software update, Dish it did wonders. :mad:

So what else is new,.... I'm sorry - that's not new either!! I have 2.81 - the grid not going out more than 2 hours is a known bug.... at least to us out here in the real world, (not the dish software people). I guess that the slow fixes are what you would call job security!

Charlie must have a bunch "yes" men around, so when he asks, "is the software fixed? they all say "yes". So Charlie's like Saddam - "are the WMDs being built?" - YES!

So you can see how when you're so high in a company or government - you loss touch with what is really is going on!

Bill Gates has shown Charlie that you don't have to fix the software to make billions!

Is anyone confused on this point?

Regards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts