811 and OTA Help!

shakatak

Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Help , maybe its me ,but maybe not.I have a new Sammy HLP DLP just received a 811 hooked it up no problems.Today I installed an OTA antenna , hooked it up to the back of the 811(as per the O.M.) : ,tried to set up channels and got nothing, did the channel scan and not one channel.Did I hook it up wrong ? is the antenna bad , is it the 811.Hope someone has a few Ideas.

Thanks

Hook it up to your TV and see f you get analog channels. Also, goto antennaweb.org to make sure you have your antenna pointed in the right direction and that you have the proper antenna for your area.

shakatak said:
Help , maybe its me ,but maybe not.I have a new Sammy HLP DLP just received a 811 hooked it up no problems.Today I installed an OTA antenna , hooked it up to the back of the 811(as per the O.M.) : ,tried to set up channels and got nothing, did the channel scan and not one channel.Did I hook it up wrong ? is the antenna bad , is it the 811.Hope someone has a few Ideas.

Thanks

First off Got to Antennaweb.org and make sure you have the proper antennal. What type of antenna are you using and how sure are you that it is properly configured. Is it a directional antenna. OTA is a rather tricky thing and it is not just throwing up an antenna.

Couple of suggestions.

1) Pop over to avsforums.com and check ou there Local HD section to get any idea of what you should be looking for.
2) Go to antennaweb.org and plug your address in. See what is available and what type of antenna is recommended.
3) Walk around your area and see if you can see what other people are using to get the signal.
4) Do a search here on 811 and OTA and you will get a number of threads. Some have recommendations to give yourself the best opportunity to get OTA with the 811.

The 811 is very sensitive to Multipathing and seems to have a few Multipathing bugs so you need to minimize any multipathing possibilities if possible.

Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts