811 and OTA

Well, I fixed my rotator and CBS signal went from about 40-50 percent to around 83 %. I shouldn't have to worry about drop-outs anymore (unless WGFL has more problems). I still couldn't get any Orlando or Tampa stations. Anybody know a good site to get the right angle to point the antenna for distant channels? AntennaWeb and TitanTV only give the Gainesville and Ocala stations.

My signal is locked at 76% for WGFL, but sometimes I get 80%. I have my Antenna mounted in the attic since I live in Gainesville, and it is pointed at WGFL in High Springs. I get close to 100% signal with PBS and I'm hoping for the same with ABC once they go live in August. Once WGFL moves to high powered tower I should get signal in the mid 90's.

For antennaweb.org just use an Orlando zip code and do the same with Tampa. I've done this for Jacksonville. You can type in 32813 for Orlando and use 33602 for Tampa.

What kind of antenna do you folks use for getting the OTA channels (SD+HD)? Does an indoor antenna work? I live in 95138 (South San Jose) zip code and checked the antennaweb.org site for the channel info and orientation. Got a Philips indoor antenna that also has an amplifier. Still managed to get just two NBC stations that are located 10 miles from where I live. Should I go for a bigger antenna and mount it in the attic or next to my SD in my backyard and use a diplexer to connect the SAT/Antenna inputs? Have a 811 and want to get all the HD and local SD channels. Please advise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)