811 being reported as a 322! Suggestions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rshapiro6

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
I was going to update my earlier thread regarding an additional "Service Fee" I was receiving, but it's really more than just that at this point, so here's the whole story.

I signed up with Dish back in Nov 04. I have 3 receivers: 2 811's and a Dual Tuner Single Mode 522. I know I have these because I helped the installer unpack them. I know I have these because I use them every day. And I know I have these because I'm not an idiot and I look at them all the time, one is black and large and makes noise and records shows and 2 are silver and they plugg into the DVI on the back of HDTV's in my house. But I digress...

I started receiving the "4.99 Service Fee" for not having a phone line plugged in. I called, verified the setup and had the charge removed. The charge recurs every month, resulting in a phone call. Then, last month, the rep said, the receiver that is generating the charge is the 322. I said I don't have a 322, I have 2 811's and a 522. She said "No, you don't." Well, we went through every receiver in the house and found that one of the supposed 811's was a 322. I guaranteed her that it was an 811, and in fact I was watching HD content on it while speaking to her. She was confused and I was shipped off to tech support...

Tech support seemed just as surprised and never saw this before. We verified CAID's and Card's and Model numbers, as well as every other number listed in the system info. He said he would fix it, somehow, and well, that was last month.

Same story this month, new charge, new rep and she's asking me to verify all the receivers again. I told her I've been through this, but it didn't help. Not only could she not help me today, she deactivated the suspect 322/811 receiver which knocked out the TV in the bedroom. My wife was not amused. I called back (I'm at work) and told them to re-add the recently de-actived 322 aka 811. They did and are once again charging me for it, until I work this out.

Any advice on what I should do here? Has anyone had a similar experience? This is obviously some back end mix up in their systems. Should I suggest to them to just replace my confused 811/322 with a new 811? Will I be charged? I do not have the service plan. Or should I just keep pushing to get this remedied on their systems?

:mad:

Make sure you send them the Receiver ID numbers and Smartcard numbers for each reaceiver you have this will help them fix the problem a lot more quickly. :)

i've seen it before

i've seen this before, don't have any clue how to fix it though, i asked tech, sups, noone seems to know, i would send a e-mail to charlie or call in and demand a return authorization..

richmondr
jdpower #1 csr

Who installed this equipment? Could they have had the wrong info in their computer, installed a 811 though their computer said 322? If so, I'd call Dish, give them numbers off of the back of the 811, not just the ones that are on the system info screen. Tell them you want it fixed, and you won't let them go until it is fixed and your account is credited. Get all CSR's that you talk to, to give you their ID numbers, record the conversation if you can, and go from there. Demand that the problem be fixed, don't let them tell you "I'll get it fixed" tell them you want it fixed NOW. Don't hang up until the problem is fixed.

Perhaps someone at Sanmina SCI made a joke and assigned serial number to the DP811 from DP322 scoop ?
rshapiro6, could you provide system info from that receiver ? You should remove last 4 digits of your R00/S00 for security reason.

Smith said:
Perhaps someone at Sanmina SCI made a joke and assigned serial number to the DP811 from DP322 scoop ?
rshapiro6, could you provide system info from that receiver ? You should remove last 4 digits of your R00/S00 for security reason.

Sure I'll get it later and post it. Are there any E* engineers or support people that monitor the forums? Maybe someone who knows the internals would know more about how this would happen and how to fix it. If my phone call to them tonight doesn't solve anything, then i'll try emailing Charlie. It seems a bit premature at this point, unless he's used to getting a ton of emails, hehe...

Thanks for your help. I'll also check the back of the receiver, I never looked there. I just assumed that info was correctly replicated in the system info. It wouls be funny if there were a 322 sticker or something. More to follow...

tonyp56 said:
Who installed this equipment?

It was a Dish installer, not a custom installer. He was a little flustered during the install, but had he not gotten the right info, the units would not have worked from day 1.

Smith said:

I am on hold now while tech escalates. The sticker on back does correctly state DP811. The numbers are S007335xxxx and R006407xxxx.

Does the other info help at all? Software rev, bootstrap?

The tech support girl claims they are going to take care of it... again. I'll see if this gets resolved THIS time. She knew I was pretty knowledgable regarding what was happening, so it was easy to explain to her what the problem was.

rshapiro6 said:
I am on hold now while tech escalates. The sticker on back does correctly state DP811. The numbers are S007335xxxx and R006407xxxx.
<skip>.

I did install a few DP811, what I see from my records: just a couple receivers for start - R006481/S007329, R006029/S007100, R006338/S007231.

Yours numbers looks similar, basically just between those.
From the gathered information I don't see any clue how it happened.
I guess it was operator error.

I'm sure it will ultimately be diagnosed as an ID-10-T problem at Dish Network's end. They seem to have an excessive amount of ID-10-Ts there.

Smith said:
Could you please elaborate the "an ID-10-T problem", sounds unfamiliar.
It's an old computer help desk joke (so, no such thing as an ID-10-T problem, sorry for any confusion)... I figure someone should recognize it though. :)

And once it's clear, I should clarify that I'm saying the ID-10-T exists at Dish Network, not the customer. :)

It is nice that the joke includes "ID" and some digits so I felt it was appropriate for this thread. :D

But back on track... rshapiro6, what ever came of your call last night? Anything resolved? Keep us up to date.

Nothing except what I posted. I did make sure to get her name and badge number, or whatever it's called. She credited me 3 months and said that they sent an email to the inventory dept to rectify the situation. Why do I always have to have these problems...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)