811: change remote address

grimathy

Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Hey all, pretty new here. I have an 811 and trying to get my replay 5504 hooked up to it. I need to change the remote address on the 811 to "1",its currently on "9", in order for the box to accept the IR blaster feed from the replaytv. However, I follow along w/ the instructions I've found both online and in the 811 user manual to change the address, however, all its doing is changing the actual remotes address, the box isnt changing to accept the new code number. I must be doing the remote correctly cause when I follow those steps the remote stops working until I put it back to "9". Can someone please post how to make the changes to my box, and not just the remote, I'm a pro at changing the remote now ;) any help is much appreciated, thanks.

go into menue 6, 1, 3 to display the system information screen, at the bottom you will see your remote address. hold the sat button down till all others light up, now press "1" and then the # key and you will see sat blink 3 times, then hit the record button on the remote and your done. If the address was set to 9 on the 811 then you most likely have another receiver in your house with a uhf remote and need to change the address on that one before you change the address on this one. If its a dual tuner its the same process but you will need to do it with the blue number 2 remote. Some times you have to hit the record button a second time for it to take hold also.

Thanks guys, I'll give that a shot van, do I need to change the other unit in the house to any particular number? or just so long as it doesnt match the other one I'm good to go?

All uhf capable receivers are defaulted to adress 1. except for the 942 tuner wich has a random default that you set up during the initial install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)