811 looses video output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike_johnson

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
South Dakota
I've been having a new problem with my 811 since I received the P284 software. My 811 will occasionally loose its video output. Not just a black screen, but an actual loss of video as if I unplugged the video cable to my TV. My TV will bring up it's internal banner screen that indicates a complete loss of video. The audio continues as if nothing has happened and within 3 or 4 seconds the video will come back. This usually happens while just watching a program and I've seen it happen on HD, SD and OTA.

I am using the DVI connector and I haven't been able to catch if this happens on the other outputs.....

Anyone else see this?

Mike J

I am also have problems with loss of picture. I call Tech support today and they infomed me that they have a problem with their software and will be fixing it. I asked for a time line on when and their answer was "I don't know at this time"

So i guess i have to put up with it for a while.

I have the same exact problem with my 811. I'm also using the DVI output.
Anybody else having this bug who is not using DVI?

Not sure this is the same but for the first time I got an on screen written message that said "Vidoe input lost" and then everything pixelated a few times and then corrected. I have never seen that message before.

I have had my 811 for over a year now and I have the 284 software. i have not had any problems like yours with DVI, S-video, or over the air antenna.

I primarily use my DVI connection from my 811 to my Sammy DLP. I had the no video phenomena once during a startup, but a restart fixed it. That is the first and only time I've encounted this and it was after receiving the P284 software. I reported it to E* technical support.

Yesterday, after the Pats-Colts game, my 811 started messing up too. I would get black bars on the screen (horizontal) and the color would fluctuate. I've never experienced this before. I changed resolution to 720p and the picture was fine. I was using my DVI, so I hooked up component and the same thing happened. I called Tech support, got forwarded to Advanced Tech. I told her everything that I did, (Including Re-Boot) and she said the box was bad. Told me that it was out of warranty, but since i'm a long term subscriber (Since 97'), I could pay $22.00 for a replacement box. $15.00 shipping charged waived w/ CCAP. I do disagree with ALOT that dish does, but this was nice. Showed me that they care a little about a valued customer. Anyway, I can't say if it was a software issue, but everything was fine before p284. Also, if I switch between zoom, partial zoom, grey bar settings, the grey bar setting makes the whole picture darker. Never done that before either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)