811 Loses OTA channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdpdata

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
My 811 receiver is buggy. Locks up constantly when changing channel. For example I press 007 to go to ABC, it locks up, blank screen. I then have to reboot the damn thing. And once it comes back my ABC station is gone. :mad:

Now the same thing just happen to channel 5 (WB). Any advice?

What the heck is wrong with this thing? My 942 in the living room is behaving perfectly...no problems.

You live is SoCal? ABC and KTLA seems to be doing some things with their PSIP that is driving the 811 bonkers. The reason the 942 does not see it is that it might not be as dynamic to PSIP changes as the 811. Hard to tell, but KTLA (channel 5) PSIP Is messed up in SoCal and it took out my 811.

Yes, I'm in LA area. Any ideas how we can get KTLA and ABC back? Should I call Dish to exchange for another 811?

When did you lose LA? I lost ABC about 3 weeks ago for a couple of days and then it returned. Channel 5 went south the first part of the week. Not sure if it is back yet. ABC I emailed and Channel 5 I really dont care about.

They are not gone.. They move to their frequency channels. Go to your the favorites for all channels and look for 0031-1 for channel 5 and 00053 for channel 7. they should be there.

If you have these two in a favorites and version 287 of the software. I would remove your favorites. Searches on this forum and the other forums should give you plenty of information on this particular issue.

I just went down stairs. Channel 7 is correctly mapping and channel 5 still is not. The 811 is more sensitive to multipathing so I would have to now more about the problem to help. Make sure your signal strengths you are getting are in at least the 70s. If you are getting below that you get dropouts and your are more likely not going to have a good user experience.

As to getting them back, well try a recan and see if 7 reappears at its home. Channel 5 is still on 31.

I lost KTLA today. Yes ABC is back on 007-1. I'm getting 85% + on all OTA. Oh well, I'll just change my favorite to 0031-1 until they move it back. Thanks for the suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)