811/ menu 6-1-9 adjust feature gone!!!

Did you get software update P384 today? I'm not seeing that menu option anymore either. Even worse, now I have no guide info for my OTA locals!

I actually got it last night. That's when I started having problems. It would lock up, giving an error message to check switch, then it wouldn't download the program guide. This morning my wife went to turn it on to put on a show for the little guy and it wouldn't do anything!!!

Finally after a few soft resets I finally got it going again. That's when I noticed the option was missing from the 6-1-9 menu.

****Jesus, enough already E*!!! Since your gonna force us into upgrading by making these units obsolete, how about leaving well enough alone already!!!!:mad:****

Did you get software update P384 today? I'm not seeing that menu option anymore either. Even worse, now I have no guide info for my OTA locals!

yep same here :(

Had OTA from Minneapolis but locals through Dish from Duluth, MN and I had EPG for most of my locals

now they all say "digital local" :(

Also, they mapped that stupid HSN shopping channel to 84

If you switch to one of those receivers, then you have to upgrade to one of the EXPENSIVE HD packages. No thanks.

If you switch to one of those receivers, then you have to upgrade to one of the EXPENSIVE HD packages. No thanks.

I feel the same way!!! I really could care less about the current HD offerings thatare in the metal packs. But what are we to do? Just wait til E* turns our recvr's off? Which I'm seriously considering by the way.

So, if E* renders specific equipment as obsolete then turns them off, wouldn't they HAVE to give us replacement rcvr's???

Honestly. Why should should I have to pay to make an upgrade for new equipment in order to recieive crap that I don't even want to view.

The only box I know they actually made obsolete was the 2000

There wasnt enough memory to do any more software upgrades

Damn...might pull the 5000 out of mothballs now. I can use the Voom box for OTA

But what happens when everything goes mpeg4? What happens to all of us who still have mpeg2 rcvr's? Does E* simply say we're S.O.L. and have to fork over the cash in order to continue receiving their services? Or, do they give us replacement equipment free of charge with a 1,2 or 3 year service contract?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)