811 on the way...a few ?'s regarding SD using it

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
I have an 811 on the way from Dish through the Dish'n it Up promo they are offering (swapping out one of my 301's). I plan to use it on my Sony 50" Rear Projection LCD and was wondering what the users opinions are as fas as viewing both SD and HD through this box. Can I simply hook it up and view them both as I want or will I have to make manually adjustments to it when changing from a HD to SD channel? I'm not exactly sure what my TV does as far as resolution (1080 vs 720), if anyone knows please let me know.

My intentions are to use it for viewing both SD and HD and I dont want my TV viewing to become a hassle, know what I mean...thanks in advance for any and all input/advice, etc.

McBride

No adjustments necessary. Simply connect to the Sony using either DVI or component (or both) and you can view both SD and HD over either connection.

With my 811 I found I had better video using the 1080 setting rather than the 720P on my Sony LCD rear projection. It was just the opposite when I was using a Dish model 6000.

No adjustments necessary. Simply connect to the Sony using either DVI or component (or both) and you can view both SD and HD over either connection.

I don't remember seeing this discussed before, but the 811 manual I got back in December 2003 specifically states that you can't use the DVI and component connections at the same time. Well, I forgot about that and last month I hooked up component for some experimenting regarding PQ. Works fine, as apparently it does for most everyone. But, I wonder why the the manual says you can't do it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)