811 OTA channel mapping and Program Guide

ctcohen04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2004
I know there are other threads on the PSIP issue, but felt it might be less confusing to ask my questions in a new thread.

I currently (on my 811) receive NBC (KSBY) ota digital with correct channel mapping and program guide info. I also receive CBS (KCOY) ota digital/HDTV, but get no channel mapping or program guide info. this has been the case for at least the past 3-4 months .

I've spoken to the KCOY staion engineer who claims they have been on the newly mandated PSIP standard since December and that they are sending all the data correctly. Spoke to a tech @ E* who claims the problem is not likely my 811.

I've tried my local E* dealer to see if they had any input. i.e do they (or another customer) have an 811 set up that receives KCOY correctly. No help on either count.

So, basesd on that background I have three questions:

1. Is there anyone in the group in my area (Cental California Coast) that has an 811 receiving KCOY ota with correct data?

2. The tech at E* stated that she emailed my "complaint" up the chain, but sounded doubtful that any action would be taken unless they had a lot of complaints about KCOY's data stream. Is there another avenue to get E* to check this out with KCOY?

3. Finally, any other suggestions for this minor, but annoying problem?

Thanks

Terry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)