Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Courtesy of Jason Nipp of DBSTalk and Dish Network here are the release notes for P2.89 for the 811.

For users who have upgraded to P2.89 from P2.84 these are in addition to the P2.85 and P2.87 release notes.

Improved compatibility with Dolby receivers.
Improved video performance to eliminate intermittent stutter.
Signal scanning for digital OTA channels was made more robust and less critical.
Fixed occasional cases of remote address changing to "1" unintentionally. Added extended blackout support.
Added a 608/NTSC Closed Caption service selection feature.
Added filtering for duplicate channels when subscribers receive the same channel from two different satellites.
Pause for OTA scan when interrupted by caller ID permitting resume rather than rescan.
Improved performance switching from digital OTA to analog OTA via the guide which caused black screen with banner.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=44223

Yeah one thing the 289 fixed for me was the skipping sound when I would surf music channels.

I "upgraded" my 2.84 to 2.89. All my digital OTA channels used to show the correct information for what was on that channel. After 2.89 they almost always no longer show that info, it just says "local digital" when changing to a digital OTA channel.

I went from 2.82 to 2.89 and now I have video stutter if I leave my 811 on for a few days, the guide runs out and eventually the video stutters and ruins my recordings.

DarrellP said:
I went from 2.82 to 2.89 and now I have video stutter if I leave my 811 on for a few days, the guide runs out and eventually the video stutters and ruins my recordings.
I noticed that too. It didn't show up immediately after the upgrade. Seems to be cumulative or time oriented.

This is a bug that had been fixed, and now it's back. Bad omen. Or bad configuration management.

Thanks BFG. After some careful thought and consultation, I ended up deleting the post to keep a certain issue from becoming a circus if you catch my drift.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Courtesy of Jason Nipp of DBSTalk and Dish Network here are the release notes for P2.89 for the 811.

For users who have upgraded to P2.89 from P2.84 these are in addition to the P2.85 and P2.87 release notes.

Improved compatibility with Dolby receivers.
Improved video performance to eliminate intermittent stutter.
Signal scanning for digital OTA channels was made more robust and less critical.
Fixed occasional cases of remote address changing to "1" unintentionally. Added extended blackout support.
Added a 608/NTSC Closed Caption service selection feature.
Added filtering for duplicate channels when subscribers receive the same channel from two different satellites.
Pause for OTA scan when interrupted by caller ID permitting resume rather than rescan.
Improved performance switching from digital OTA to analog OTA via the guide which caused black screen with banner.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=44223

One thing not mentioned:

~ If you watch an OTA channel, your EPG will die.

Harry said:
One thing not mentioned:

~ If you watch an OTA channel, your EPG will die.
You got that right, I left my 811 on an OTA station overnight saturday and when I went to watch it last night, it was braindead and had to go through the entire acquiring sequence again.

I'm still having issues with mine where if I leave it on for a few days, the video starts chopping up & requires a reset.

It came out in the last release. That's how the PVR's work, pretty cool, huh? You can also go into Themes and do a custom search using a keyboard layout.

DarrellP said:
You got that right, I left my 811 on an OTA station overnight saturday and when I went to watch it last night, it was braindead and had to go through the entire acquiring sequence again.

I'm still having issues with mine where if I leave it on for a few days, the video starts chopping up & requires a reset.

You need to reboot the 811. Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds or so and it will reboot. Takes about 3-4 minutes but the problems clear up until you watch an OTA channel again. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts