811 Problem

utcheme

Original poster
May 7, 2005
Here s my setup. I have a Dish 500 (119/110) and a Dish 300 (69.5) with 2 SW21 s. Feed 1 is going to my 510 receiver and it works fine. Feed 2 is going to a 811 HD receiver. I can t get any of my subscibed channels on the 811 for some reason. I get some standard basic junk channels. I called DISH and made sure it was activated. I performed check switch and it detected everything. I don t know what else to do? Can anyone recommend a plan of action?

Thanks
Nick

Did you try switching the feeds at the switch side and seeing if the problem the problem moved over to the 510? That would be the first thing I would try.

I actually asked a question similer to this a couple of weeks ago.
the 811 has not took a download yet. I bet all the channels you are seeing is the HD channels, 101, 103 and maybe some music. It should take it after you check switch though. Two things I would suggest, First unplug the coax sat in. Check switch without the satellite being hooked up "Get ready to waste some time fix yourself a cup of tea or something this will take a while" it should start with 1 of 50. Next plug the satellite back up and check switch. When it is finished and everything is ok back out of the check switch screen to the signal meter screen. Now This Is IMPORTANT select satellite 119 and wait till it turns green and locks saying ecostar 119 locked. Then scroll down to cancel and hit select, It should pop up a box saying make sure the dish is secure etc. select yes and it should download.

If that does not work turn the power off to the box and let it set overnight pluged in. It will update software and then you can redo the step above. If this does not fix it ???? you may need a service call to see if the reciever is bad. Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts