811 problems...again

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
I had an 811 receiver for 8 months working flawlessly with rabbit ears for locals. Then one day 2 weeks ago..no signal from any sat. I moved my 311 upstairs where the 811 is and it works fine. Moved the 811 downstairs and still no signal. So Dish sent me a replacement. A remanufactured 811. Activated last Saturday and everything was back to normal. Last night the same thing happend. No signal except for whichever my locals are on. Is there any know problem with the 811. Is there any other HD receiver I cant ask for besides the ViP. I'm getting very angry about this.

Anything is possible. What doesnt make sense is that is was working for 8 months. And without changing anything it stopped working. Then the replacement receiver worked fine for 5 days and now has the same problem.

VegasVoomer said:
I had an 811 receiver for 8 months working flawlessly with rabbit ears for locals. Then one day 2 weeks ago..no signal from any sat. I moved my 311 upstairs where the 811 is and it works fine. Moved the 811 downstairs and still no signal. So Dish sent me a replacement. A remanufactured 811. Activated last Saturday and everything was back to normal. Last night the same thing happend. No signal except for whichever my locals are on. Is there any know problem with the 811. Is there any other HD receiver I cant ask for besides the ViP. I'm getting very angry about this.

I had a similar problem and when I called Tech Support they told me there is a currently "known software problem" affecting some 811's that are part of a multiple receiver situation.

I have an 811 and a 625 and have had the same problem you had. It happened twice about 2 weeks ago, but I haven't had a problem since (knocking on wood). Hopefully they'll have the software fixed soon, but who knows.

Yes, a "known software problem". I have to remove the satellite in line to the 311 and the 811. Reconnect the 811. Run the check switch again to recapture both sats and then reload the programming guide then go back and reconnect the 311. Such a pain. :mad:

Hopefully they get this problem fixed...soon.

cwalter428 said:
Yes, a "known software problem". I have to remove the satellite in line to the 311 and the 811. Reconnect the 811. Run the check switch again to recapture both sats and then reload the programming guide then go back and reconnect the 311. Such a pain. :mad:

Similar problem here. I have two 811's and have lost signal a few times on both units. Removing satellite in and reconnecting then doing a check switch is the only thing that works. Hot and cold reboots and/or check switch alone not doing it.

Pissing me off.......

Any wonder people stay with cable?

Thanks Guys! You saved me a service call. I had this problem a few months ago and had a service guy come out. He replaced my diplexer and cable to the 811. That "fixed" the problem but it recently recurred.

Now I know that the previous "fix" worked because he accidentally did the procedure that has been suggested in this thread. I just followed the instructions and fixed it myself.

Isn't this forum and the internet in general wonderfull?:)

Roy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)