811 problems with wgnhd..

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
as you all know i just moved to chicago from colorado springs.. and all i got to say is.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i did my scan... picked up 15! digital stations.. everyone of them is in the 80's & 90's with the exception of cbs witch is in the lower 60's but watchable... not too bad but watchable. my problem is that everytime is i tune to wgntv 19-1. 19-2 it showes up as channel 9 in the guide.. (suppost to do this.. ) but when i go to change the channel it showes back up as 19-1, 19-2 and looses its true spot in the guide.. (19-1 19-2 is ist braudcast location) and stays like this.. no matter how many times i delete the channels out and scan them back in it does this... any tips or comments on this??????

Don't feel that your the only one in Chicagoland with this problem. I will add the digital channel 19 for WGN. It will show the brodcast channel 9 for awhile. The 811 seems to have a mind of it's own and change back to the digital brodacast channels 19-1 & 19-2.

I gave up trying to correct this. Here is what I do now. I go to add a DTV channel. Enter 19 and save. I label the channel WGN19. Now in the digital grid it falls in between 11 & 32. Calling dish is a wast of time.

As you know CBS 2 is DTV channel 3 on the VHF band. I don't have a problem since I am about 10 miles from the X-Mitter. Put up a dish 300 for 61.5 and watch CBS NY. I use one half of the VOOM lnb with a SW21 just for the HD only. There's not much else on 61.5 that is free.

I had this also occur on my Dish 6000.

This happens in Baltimore for the WB stations. Its builds as 54.1 (on UHF 40) and when you actually tune it, its deleted and rebuilt as 40.1.

FOX45 used to also do this until they switched from 480i to 720p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)