811 question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gongura

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Installed a 811 receiver last night and ordered the HD package. Now I get a HD Wide format and a SD Format option (this comes when I change channels) on the top left of the screen (right below the channel information) and in some cases the SD Format option is highlighted which is fine except that this happens even for the HD channels (9420 - 9460). I tried toggling the HD/SD input button my remote but not sure if it worked since that HD/SD format option info disappears along with the channel info. I know I have my 811 set at 1080i. Is there anything else I need to do to ensure I am getting HD signal? The PQ is stunning but then the PQ on some of the SD channels is great so not sure if what I am getting is HD. Also aren't the HD channels supposed to be in Dolby Digital sound? Only 2 or 3 of them show DD on my receiver, the rest show ProLogic. I checked my DD menu settings and it is on DD and PCM. Please let me know if there are settings I need to change in order to get HD along with DD sound.

Those buttons format the way the picture is outputed on the HD and SD outputs

If you had something hooked into the SD outputs (S-video, composite) then you'd use the page down to change those formats.

The page up button changes the format of the HD outs (DVI and component)

It doesn't matter what's highlighted when you're watching a certain channel.

gongura said:
Installed a 811 receiver last night and ordered the HD package. Now I get a HD Wide format and a SD Format option (this comes when I change channels) on the top left of the screen (right below the channel information) and in some cases the SD Format option is highlighted which is fine except that this happens even for the HD channels (9420 - 9460)....
If your SD button is highlighted, you may be viewing on s-video or composite. You need to unplug all the red/white/yellow cables, and the s-video cable, and see if you still have a picture. If not, change your video source until the picture shows up.

The cables you want to use for HD are DVI (large rectangular connector with pins inside) or component (Y/Pr/Pb - marked with red, blue and green). Once you have those straightened out, you can put the s-video back in for the SD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)