811 Question

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
Has anyone had problems with 811 not downloading right after you check switch. I have had 2 that I checked switch and went to download and it reboots itself. I have found if you activate "don't tell the CSR its will not download" then check switch again it will download correctly after that.

Thanks

Tate Satellites said:
Has anyone had problems with 811 not downloading right after you check switch. I have had 2 that I checked switch and went to download and it reboots itself. I have found if you activate "don't tell the CSR its will not download" then check switch again it will download correctly after that.

I told another tech who had the same problem today who has been doing this alot longer than me and he said i was crazy. He said the receiver is bad and I would love to prove him wrong. Thanks

Yeah 811s are notorious for being difficult taking initial downloads... first of all if you are running it through a 34 switch, dp21, or dpp44, it will may not initiate a download. If this is the case, clear your switch matrix, (unplug sat in, run test) and power the box off and you should be fine. it will take it a lot easier with an empty switch matrix. If still nogo, go ahead and try a reset to factory defaults... if you still can't get it to take a download, email me at veddereddie10@aol.com and i'll give you some special instructions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts