811 quirk question

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Every so often I will attempt to set a timer that is in the future, say more than 10 hours out and the damn thing sets the timer for the current show. Is this a known bug? It's very irritating as I have to go into Timers and set it manually. :mad: FWIW, I'm on 2.82.

DarrellP: 2.82? You should be on 2.84 at least. There were lot's of 811 timer problems in earlier software versions but I can't remember all the specifics. I'm on 2.84 and have'nt seen this problem but I don't use OTA so that may make a difference.

NightRyder

Yeah, I'm on 2.82, I bought it used and it had been collecting dust since last December. I called Dish with an issue and they were supposed to zap it with the latest download but it never happened.

Now that i have returned back to the living, I iwll give it a try tonight and see if it is still in the current 2.87 code based. As for you stuck at 2.82, Hopefully with the next update you will become current.

Based on your description Darrell, I gave it a try. It correctly set the timer. I went out to the full guide to try it. So if this is the case that it always falls to set to right time when you go out this far, my guess it is fixed in the latest.

I had a new quirk yesterday, the stb quit outputting audio. I rarely turn it off since I record so much. It even had a hard time doing a power button reset, I had to try it 3 times and it finally took.

are you giving the box proper ventilation? it gets somewhat warm on me.

also, I hear you don't get updates if you don't turn it off over night

It has plenty of ventilation, it sits in an open air rack. I've left it off a few nights here lately and it still hasn't updated, I guess I need to call back Dish and let them know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)