811 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TomA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Can i hook my 811 to my TV using two video connections? I am currently connected with a DVI cable. If I could I would like to keep the DVI for HDTV and use another s-video cable from the 811 to another input channel on my TV. Someone told me that the regular dish signal is not very good when using DVI for regular programing and that a analog connection would provide a better picture.

You can use all the video connections at the same time with the 811. I use the DVI connection and the s-video connection to hook up to two different TVs and they both work at the same time. I would do some testing with the different connections because picture quality of each of the connections may differ between different TVs depending on various factors. The DVI connection can give you a 1080i resolution but the s-video connection can only give you 480p resolution.

SimpleSimon said:
Just remember to change aspect ratios when switching between HD & SD or you'll see funny-shaped people. ;)

Yeah, I agree...the first time I did that I thought the TV screen had suddenly turned into a mirror! :D Scary stuff... :shocked

Yeah I don't get why it does that myself. If you choose 480p it should still output in widescreen, but it doesn't... The aspect ratio is supposed to be a different setting

I was referring to hooking up the same TV to the 811 using both the DVI and S-Video, I would run the DVI to one input on my TV and the S-Video to another input on my TV. I hooked mine up that way and don't really see any difference in the picture. Even with the S-Video connected to another TV input I can still see my HDTV Dish Channels. Plus the sound comes through both TV inputs when using my optical audio connection. Have I done this correctly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts