811 replacement

joeadt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Sorry if this is a repeat thread.

I am convinced that there is something wrong with my 811. I help my brother in law and a friend in the last 2 days hook up 811's and order the HD pack from Dish. There 811's were very clear in HD and channel surfing was much faster, also acquiring signal did not happen but once in the beginning when we first hooked up.

My 811 is slow. HBO HD looks like SD. I constanly get acquiring signal! Channel surfing in the guide is SLOW! Something is wrong.

Question?? Whats the best way to aproach Dish for a new 811? Do I threaten to leave or are they responcive to the problems and get me a knew one?

Call tech support and tell them what the unit is doing and that a friends unit does not do this. They'll go through about 20 stupid questions. The secret here is to be nice to the guy/girl, but NEVER let them get off the phone. They must let you end the call. So don't say "ok", "thank you", "bye", or "yes" until they say "i'm ordering your replacement." ;)

then if that doesn't work you email ceo@dishnetwork.com and threaten to switch to cable :D

I gaurentee one of the two will work.

I just had mine replaced. I approached it from another angle. I explained how dissapointed I was and how my 811 was a peice of junk and I was not taking no for an answer. They sent it out second day air. I do have to say the second one was no better than the first one.

thebradybunch said:
I just had mine replaced. I approached it from another angle. I explained how dissapointed I was and how my 811 was a peice of junk and I was not taking no for an answer. They sent it out second day air. I do have to say the second one was no better than the first one.

Thats probably because you received somebody's lemon, and when you return yours they will send it to someone else who insist on a replacement. :D

The replacement I received was a new model, as least newer than what I had. It had the new DishPro logo on it. Also if you look at the poll that was done on here a few weeks back you will see the majority of people that had theirs replaced saw no improvement at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)