811 uhf remote question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sparkman

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Charlotte,NC
Scott, this may be for you or one to ask your Dish tech support people.
Hooked my 811 up today. It is backfed to a 2nd room & replacing a 6000 on that tv. I've had no problem with the uhf remote in the second room controlling the 6000. But these uhf remotes (they are from my old 4000's), will not control the 811. The 6000 blue remote also will not control the 811 from another room. The remote addresses are set the same. I did notice that the 811 remote says "uhf pro". The other remotes from both the 4000 & the 6000 just say "uhf". Could they be using different uhf systems? If so, are they selling extra 811 remotes yet?

Yes, UHF pro is different from the older uhf remote. The older remote should be both uhf/ir and should control the 811 direct with ir, use the uhf pro remote in the second room.

An FYI - I went to program my 811's remotes AUX to control my Sony audio receiver, but there's nolonger codes listed for Sony receivers, and many others when compared to the 6000's UHF remote. I did a power scan on the 811's remote and it found one that worked. So if your code's note listed in the manual try a power scan.

I tried the power scan for my TV, it's a Gateway plasma, and couldn't find a code for that. So, it's looks like the TV power & volume buttons on the 811 remote will be useless. n0qcu, I think that is what I'll do for now. Kinda sucks giving the kid the good new remote for his room & me stuck with the old 4000 remote.

I was using a 301 on my Pioneer and used that remote to program my Pronto Neo. I actually did the install because this was the first on done in my area. After I grabbed the Neo and pressed my on button and everything turned on just like the 301 was there. All the inputs that I had inputted from the 301 remote worked with the 811. Needless to say the installed was shocked. He wanted to know what I was using. My wife told him that I was a home theater enthusiast and that I had plenty of toys--the Neo being one of them. :)

You mean the 811 has UHF remote capability and to top it off it uses DishPro UHF frequencies allowing it to be controlled 200 feet away?

I tried the manual scan for code for a Sony receiver, and it did not come up with one. Code you check which code it grabbed and post a reply?

What receivers will the UHF Pro work with?

522?
311?

But not the 510, 508, 501, 721?

Lee

If Dish can make the old UHF remotes work with the new receivers, via a software update, that would be nice. I would hate to buy a new receiver, and then have to buy new remotes for other rooms because the UHF frequency changed.

It is not possible through a software update, the signal being different on the DishPro-UHF remotes make it a hardware issue. The IR part is compatible. Dish will still have to sell two different types of UHF remotes. Can you imagine the unkowledable Dish CSR's sending out the wrong UHF remote that you need replaced then telling you that its your problem not theirs or telling you to pay the shipping to ship it back and then pay shipping for a replacement or that there is nothing that they can do about it?

Sparkman said:
I tried the power scan for my TV, it's a Gateway plasma, and couldn't find a code for that. So, it's looks like the TV power & volume buttons on the 811 remote will be useless. n0qcu, I think that is what I'll do for now. Kinda sucks giving the kid the good new remote for his room & me stuck with the old 4000 remote.

Sparkman, heads up Gateway doesn't make their own plasma TV's, Sampo makes it for them, try the Sampo codes or if not try the Viewsonic since Sampo makes it for them as well.

The 6000u would not control my Sampo plasma but my Hughes HTL-HD controls it flawlessly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts