811 Upgrade Offer

Incidentally, they said they'd give me a $10 credit if I send them the 811, which I own. I will probably take them up on that as the other methods of selling are too much trouble for the low rate of return...unlike a Dish 6k.

The Dish 811 makes an excellent non-HD DBS receiver, so if you have any other non-HD Dish receivers you should consider replacing them with the 811. My second receiver is a Dish 4700 that I bought back in the late 1990s and the 811 is so much faster and offers so many more connection options, I couldn't see sending the 811 to Dish for a few bucks and continuing to use the 4700.

The Dish 811 makes an excellent non-HD DBS receiver, so if you have any other non-HD Dish receivers you should consider replacing them with the 811. My second receiver is a Dish 4700 that I bought back in the late 1990s and the 811 is so much faster and offers so many more connection options, I couldn't see sending the 811 to Dish for a few bucks and continuing to use the 4700.

Nope, only have 2 receivers in the household and I don't like sitting on equipment. I'd put it on the 'bay but it's not worth it.

...The offer was:
1) they send me one 211 receiver
2) $10 off for 10 months
3) no contract extension
4) free movie package for 3 months
5) I return the leased receiver
6) leased receiver fee increases by $1

Bottom line, I get $9/month off for 10 months, then my bill goes up by $1. I took the deal.
I went through the Tech Support folks as I always do. I called it a "quasi technical" call to justify it (not that I needed to) and asked some MPEG-2 vs. MPEG-4 questions. I did the 811->211 swap. In my case there was a $99 "upgrade" fee that they wouldn't waive and the lease fee increase. I didn't ask about the free movie packs but I don't really want those anyway. I was given the $10/mo. discount for 10 months and no commitment. So your deal is certainly sweeter than mine if you didn't have to pay anything for the receiver...

I heard back from one of the 'ceo@echostar' reps and they dropped the 18 month commitment they had saddled me with.

So my deal was as follows.

1 - Free 211 (well, $1 monthly increase over the 811).
2 - Option to turn in 811 for a credit.
3 - NO commitment.

I am Very, Very satisfied. This is the first time dish has given me any new equipment while currently serving out a previous offer and the absolute first time I have gotten a new receiver for nothing up front.

I just upgraded my 942 to 622 (this will be my second 622). I had to give them a credit card for $100 charge that will be rebated to me and a I also get the $10/month for 10 months discount off my bill. Sounded like a great deal to me so I took it. I told them I already had the $10/month deal once and they said it was the least they could do for making the 942 obsolete.

I just upgraded my 942 to 622 (this will be my second 622). I had to give them a credit card for $100 charge that will be rebated to me and a I also get the $10/month for 10 months discount off my bill. Sounded like a great deal to me so I took it. I told them I already had the $10/month deal once and they said it was the least they could do for making the 942 obsolete.

Thats good to hear, I am on the fence about swapping my 942 for a 622, but if its going to be a straight swap then I'll probably do it. I guess its time for me to drop the old HD pak and finally get all the HD channels.

Got my receivers on Friday. Saturday, I see that HBO hasn't been turned on yet, so I call the CSR. Monday, I look at my "recent activity" on the Dish website, and there are two $99 "upgrade fee" charges, and $20 for HBO. An email to ceo@dishnetwork.com got those charges reversed.

Just another typical Dish upgrade experience. Thank you, executive office. :)

Are you guys having to fill in a mail-in form to get the $10 off for 10 months if you upgrade from a 811 to 211? If yes, which options are you selecting? The Dish'n It Up option just lists "credit for receiver" while the DishHD options lists the $10/10 months but says only for "first time". What options should I select?

Are you guys having to fill in a mail-in form to get the $10 off for 10 months if you upgrade from a 811 to 211? If yes, which options are you selecting? The Dish'n It Up option just lists "credit for receiver" while the DishHD options lists the $10/10 months but says only for "first time". What options should I select?

I don't think there is a rebate for that swap, it is just a free deal, no 18 month commintment. Now if you also just signed up for HD, that is different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)