811 won't switch from 1080i to 720p.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Before watching the superbowl today on my X1 projector, I tried to switch my 811 from 1080i to 720p and it wouldn't work. This is the first time it's never worked. I also guess it could be the projector. Any ideas?

What SW do you have? And is this with the HDMI?
After my receiver took the update to 3.34, I have been having problem with 720 NOT working at times. It gives a double picture like a non sync issue.
Good thing I have a VIP211 coming tomorrow to replace it.

My 811 is a garbled mess at 720p connected to my Infocus SP 5000 (component)

1080i works fine.

It's the POS 811. It used to be able to switch to 720p no problem. but somewhere in the last few firmware upgrades they screwed it up.

I don't know which firmware it is, but I assume it's the latest. I have it hooked up to my projector via component inputs.

The latest firmware (P334) would ask if you really want to change the setting and revert back to the old one if you do not choose 'yes'.

My 811 has the latest firmware (P334) and I was able to switch to 720p and it displays fine using the component outputs on my Panasonic PT56WXF95.

Thanks. I did notice a new box pops up asking about the change. Maybe I did something wrong. I need to try it again.

When I watch HD broadcast in 720p(such as Fox, ABC, ESPN) I switch it to 720p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)