83w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Ontario
Missing amc9 on my kbox sat list.
how can I add it?
I do not see any "user define" option as per book!

You should be able to use any Ku band sat listed in your box, unless you are using your box to move the dish, but then you might still be able to, not sure how the box registers where it stops the dish.
Terry

Try renaming an existing satellite, if that is possible with that receiver. If it's a fixed dish, and aimed at 83, you can tell the receiver its scanning XYZ-ku, it won't know the difference. Long as you have the lnbf setup for ku, it should work once the dish is aimed to the signal.

Try renaming an existing satellite, if that is possible with that receiver. If it's a fixed dish, and aimed at 83, you can tell the receiver its scanning XYZ-ku, it won't know the difference. Long as you have the lnbf setup for ku, it should work once the dish is aimed to the signal.

Just to expand a bit: even if the sat can't be renamed, as long as it is set-up as ku with the proper settings for the LNB used, it should be ok, if it's a C satellite just delete all transponders and either blindscan or manually input each transponder (in case the sat at 83ºW it's only C and he wants to use that one).

Remember:
lineal LNB = 10750
universal LNB = Universal, or 10600 with 22 KHz ON, or 9750/10600 with 22 KHz On

Cheers

Mike

I renamed one of the 0.00E with 83W AMC 9 by entering a fake usals.(no motor).
entered few tp and now is sitting @ the bottom of the list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)