87W and 97W with Primestar 84e Multi-LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If do you try it, the EMP Centauri can also operate as a standard DiSEqC switch (other four ports are disabled) so you can test it first before attempting to use it as it should be used. This is what I did with mine, replaced the old DiSEqC switch, checked that I was getting everything coming in correctly, and then began the change (which requires a LOT of patience to setup, even knowing this, I still get impatient waiting for the signal to come in after I have made a change).
Thanks Keith!

That's good information, and I understand about the patience part. :D

This scenario might all change if I get the Ku dish I posted about in the FTA shack yesterday. I have also written to Pansat asking about software that would enable more than 4 diseqc ports. I can't believe they don't have more than four to start with. It is supposed to be diseqc 1.2 compatable and the 1.2 specs say control of 16 LNBs.

At any rate, if I get the 6' dish above, I'll have to rethink all this. I might get a BSC621 for the Birdview, and switch receivers and put on my Coolsat 5000. I know it will control a bunch of LNBs, and has diseqc 1.1 capabilities too. The worst part that I don't care for about the CS 5000 is the stinking meter. That thing is so flaky. I don't see how anyone could use it to fine tune something in. I guess they do though. Iceberg loves his. :D

I'll probably put further experiments on hold for a week or two until I see how this unfolds.

Thanks again!!

Fred

These are the questions I asked of Pansat:
I wanted to ask if there was a way for the Pansat 3500 to allow inputs
from more than 4 diseqc ports?

Is there any software available that would allow that change?

As it now stands, I can have inputs from 4 diseqc ports and by using an
Ecoda 22Khz switch can have 8 input sources.

I would like to access more than those 8 possible sources.

As always, thanks in advance for your help!!

Just got this back from Pansat Tech support:
Dear customer,
There are many ways to allow more than four inputs. You will definately have to visit a few websites that provide diagrams for the different applications you can use. You can visit Skyvision for example and see what they have.

Best regards,
Tech

I just sent the following back to Pansat:
I'm sorry!

I should have worded my questions better.

Do you have a software/firmware available that allows for 8 or 16 ports accessibility for diseqc in the satellite setup menu?

That would truly make the Pansat diseqc 1.2 compatible.

I figured I would be pretty much on my own. I guess they figure that they provide 4 ports, it is up to us to figure out how to manipulate them. :D But I guess we'll soon see.

Fred

Just got back two more emails from Pansat:
Dear customer,
At this moment in time, we do not. However, check with us periodically.

Bestg regards,
Tech

Hi,
Have to use special switch to make more inputs like SW21 switch etc.
Will consider future model to use SW21 switch (port 1 & port 2) which will enable 8 inputs capable.

Regards,
Tech

The second email didn't make much sense to me, but it doesn't look like any improvements any time soon.

Fred

he means a 22k switch...that allows 8 inputs (each input on the diseqc has a 22k on and 22k off setting)

I am really impressed that Pansat replied to your e-mails so quickly! Makes me even more pleased to own one with that kind of support.

Obviously, they don't realise how addicted some of their customers are to FTA, who basically want an unlimited number of ports to attach as many LNBs as possible!

Hey Keith,

I have always had fast responses to the emails I have sent to them. I may not always have liked the answers, but they at least respond.

I think it must be up to us as their customers to let them know that we would like unlimited ports available in the setup menu. :D

The more who write, the better response we will get.

Their email is Pansatusa at cs dot com

Thanks,

Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)