8x1 DiSEqC with the micro

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
Anyone using a 8x1 DiSEqC switch with the Micro? I was thinking of consolidating some of my switching and cables.

Is an uncommitted model switch any advantage?

I admit I haven't fully researched this topic yet, I look forward to thoughts, experiences with 8x1 switches.

I am using a Digiwave DGS-SW8X1 with standard LNBs/10750 LO on DisEqC 1.1 with no problems. Don't know about the advantages of an uncommitted switch.
Bob

Yep same here my Digiwave 8x1 switch is working great with the microHD. I prefer that over the 4x1 switches...the seem to last longer.

uncommitted allows you to cascade switches off those inputs on the 8x1
Here is a "review" of the Digiwave 8x1 uncommitted
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/110067-digiwave-8x1-uncomitted-switch.html

some are committed which means you can't add any extra switches to it. Advantage of those is you can use it on a receiver that doesnt have Diseqc 1.1 you can set it up like a motor using Diseqc 1.2...an old review on one
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/90581-emp-centauri-8-x-1-goto.html

yep, they play well with others too.

Attachments

• IM005353.jpg
    IM005353.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 249
My Digiwave DGS-SW8X1 says on the box "Multiprotocol Progamable DISEqC switch ..." (SIC) in addition it says DISEqC 1.1. Not sure what the the Multi-protocol Programmable means? Any ideas?
Bob

that allows you to add 4x1 switches to the inputs of the 8x1 so as example you could have
Diseqc 1.1 port 1
Diseqc 1.0 port 1,2,3,4

see the link I posted above about that

that allows you to add 4x1 switches to the inputs of the 8x1 so as example you could have
Diseqc 1.1 port 1
Diseqc 1.0 port 1,2,3,4

see the link I posted above about that
That's what I would have guessed - just written as if the switch its self was programmable in something other than Diseqc 1.1. Thanks Tony!
Bob

Didn't realize they can be cascaded like that. Learn a now thing every day I guess. Might have to re-evaluate some of my installation(s) where I am running out of ports. Could go this route instead of using 22KHz switches.

Didn't realize they can be cascaded like that. Learn a now thing every day I guess. Might have to re-evaluate some of my installation(s) where I am running out of ports. Could go this route instead of using 22KHz switches.

yup so you could do 32 LNB"s if you wanted with 4x1 switches off each of the 8x1 ports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts