9-day Guide on BEV PVR's

scrooloose

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
Woke up this morning to a nine day guide on my BEV 9200! Apparently it's available on the other SD PVR models as well.

-Mike

Yippie! That is one of the things I hated most about the 9200, I couldn't set it to record shows that were not in the 2 day guide.

This is a big step forward!

Great, now we will have 9 days of inaccurate listings istead of 2.

Other than that 9 days will be good.

not the ones with a 9200 ;)
True, but the 5100, 5800, and 5900 customers typically only have 91, and they still outnumber the 9200 folks.

While up in Ontario this year for July/August, I was surprised at how many people still only have 91. Over 3/4 of the dishes I saw were still single satellite.

I like having the extra days in the guide except that a lot of the shows data is missing the original aired dates. So my 9200 is now recording repeats when it was set to only record new episodes...

Rumor is that the 9 day guide was meant for the 3200 models only but someone messed up and made it available to all receivers. All I can say is it's a bit of a fiasco for some 9200 owners. A number of people (myself included) have almost total failure of 'All' and 'New' program timers. I've had to recreate all my timers twice so far. EV is aware of the issue and plans to fix it. Hope that doesn't mean taking away the 9 day guide on the 9200.

I am aware of that. Just reporting a rumor. There are other reports of 9 day guides showing up on non-PVR receivers. Don't know why or how. I can report, from personal experience, that the 9 day guide is available on 9200s but 'All' timers don't work for some. That has been verified by others.

I think that change was made a few weeks ago.... it's on 82W.... I think.

My HTPC is still down so no TSReader for me right now.

Here it is... http://www.satelliteguys.us/canadia...port-week-ending-07-28-2007-a.html#post967594
ya.. in that thread it's still called EPG2 and on 82 West ..

But in your later Uplink report it shows that EPG2 moved to 91 West and renamed to EPG :)

And EPG does NOT sound like EEPG to me :)
Not sure though .. (who knows maybe they just call it like regardless of what it does)
Or maybe they cancelled EEPG?

Anyone still gets it?

Here is that thread, by the way, where it mentions of EPG2 move .. from 82 W to 91 W .. and then renamed to EPG:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/canadia...activity-report-week-ending-09-01-2007-a.html

P.S. .. and how about latest BEV PDFs maybe.. to have a look at the "entire" current thing that is "up there" :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts