toucan-man

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Wisconsin
Keywords, "or best offer"

http://bozeman.craigslist.org/mat/2271627622.html

dish2.jpgdish1.jpg

That dish has an Ajak H180 horizon-to-horizon motorized mount.
This is a must-have for a serious BUD lover!
Go get it, boys ('n girls) ! - ;)

Yep, you bet! ;)

And thanks to toucan-man for another wonderful find.
I should have said that above, but was too breathless after seeing the Ajak! :)

Dunno if our resident RVpop will be traveling through any time soon, but this would be well worth a detour!
Even if he left the dish beside the road. . . . :eek:

that's 222 miles from me. Wonder if that will breakdown easily for transport? Might have to check this out.

HMMMM About $50 in gas round trip. The cheapest gas in the country is real close to this location too. I just sent an email.

that's 222 miles from me. Wonder if that will breakdown easily for transport? Might have to check this out.

It should disassemble into quadrants easily enough. I have a Ford Focus with a trailer and transport 10 footers without a hitch. Well, with a hitch, but you know what I mean. I'd go for it. Just pad the segments so they don't get beat up banging into each other, and restrain all of them well so they don't bounce around at all.

If you have a pick-up truck then transporting it is child's play. Break apart a 10 footer and the segments will fit inside even if the pickup has a cap.

He still has the dish. New home owner just bought the place and don't want a BUD. I have a Baja and a light 4 X 8 trailer. All I need now is someone who wants to do a day trip. I have a good friend there in Livingston and may just spend the night. :) Make a weekend out of it.

I think the whole thing needs to go back to work......for me :). I'll find out on Sunday.

Attachments

• 10a.jpg
    10a.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 431
Good Luck! I hope everything goes well for you. I have my eye on a mesh dish that someone has locally I think I can get it cheap. I'm looking forward to hearing about your results.

It's all good. But what a drive. Havn't been in winter storm conditions like that in a while. Heavy fog and near whiteout snow over the passes. I almost called it quits. But I don't know how to come in from the rain, so I got it. The pic the owner sent me was dated and left me thinking it was near spring weather there.Nope Lot's of snow and 30°.
Well the dish is a Winegard 10' mesh. Looks like it was an expensive dish. That area sustains very high winds frequently. The motor, wow! what a behemoth. It and the dish mounting ring have to weigh almost 100lbs. It was bigger than expected for sure. It appears to be in good working order. A little maintenance and some grease and a fresh coat of paint and this dish will be like new. Only one panel has a slight dent in the edge of the mesh. Should be easily straightened. There was lots of deer around. Evidence abounds.
The owner of the place was a real nice guy. Helped me pull the dish off the mount. And the OBO was $50

Attachments

• Dishes 017.JPG
    Dishes 017.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 515
  • Dishes 020.JPG
    Dishes 020.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 494
  • Dishes 016.JPG
    Dishes 016.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 477
  • Dishes 015.JPG
    Dishes 015.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 503
Great dish & mover!

You did real well. This ought to be nice S2 signal finder for you.
Pics taken throughout your progress are a definite must.

Those pellets look kinda small for most deer. Sure they weren't this critter?...:D

Attachments

• jackalope-warrior rabbits.jpg
    jackalope-warrior rabbits.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 321
You did good. That mesh looks thick and more rigid that the dishes I have. I like the way the mount clamps to the pole.

$50 you say?

The picture supplied by the owner, was certainly idyllic! - ;)
Green lawn, and a gorgeous dish!

I see the harsh reality of winter life intruded, though.
But, on the up-side, that is a horizon-to-horizon motor you got there! - :eek:
Probably don't find those on more than about one in a hundred dishes out in the wild.

I think you got your money's worth ! - :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts