90+ signal with re-aiming today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eewizard

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
Beaumont, TX
i had not been happy with the signal level i have gotten since i got the dish tracking properly so today i tried something i read somewhere (not sure if it was here or somewhere else). i now have been able to get 90+ on signal strength on all but a couple of sats(and that's with a small tear i haven't had time to fix in one of the mesh panels)....i thought i would post what i did here so that it may help someone else who ends up with a screwed up mess like i had. i read somewhere that if you could get good signal and tracking on the ku bands with an fta receiver that the c-band would be all lined up properly automatically...so...since i have a pansat 2500a i used the instructions i someone here was so nice to give me the link to to piggy-back my fta receiver with the c-band...then i found T5 and fine tuned it...moved to the farthest sat i could find on the other side of the arc and fine tuned and moved the dish until i got up to 99 percent on my pansat...then i went back to the c-band to see what i had (guessing ahead of time that the signal would probably be completely screwed again since i had made ALOT of changes) and to my surprise (with a few minor tuning adjustments) all of the c-band sats were not only still there but the signal strength had increased up to 20+ on all of them....to an average of 90+ instead of the average of 70 or so i had been getting...also, all of the "sparkles" which had been there since the beginning were completely gone...i have to say these results have really made me happy...now i have to figure out who i want to buy my c-band programming from and everything will be complete...

if it was not for all the help i have received here on these forums i would have never been able to complete this install and setup....so to everyone who helps solve these problems all of us "newbies" encounter...thank you...thank you...thank you...you are VERY much appreciated... :)

total cost of installing and setting up my free 10' dish setup came to approximately $150.00. included new pole, new actuator arm, concrete, and wiring..the rest was all free with the dish and time i spent of course...but all well worth it in my opinion...the picture i get with my bud is GREAT... :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)