91W, 3720H ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

14karat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Hernando, Mississippi
Here's hoping someone sees this quickly...
Should I be able to receive anything with a CoolSat 5000 at this point?
I've got a 97% Q reading, but scanning gives me nothing...
I see what Lyngsat shows, but I'm not getting a thing... help?

Well... I can do a PID scan, but that gets me nothing either...
What is the PCR PID?
Without scanning or using the loader, I don't see any way to manually add a channel...
Any hints here?

oh there is a way ;)

The 5000 4000 6000 cant do manual PID entry like other boxes. It has to log a channel FIRST

some info on it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/142686-coolsat-5000-cant-receive-cw-g11.html

Here is how to do it...its cumbersome but hey it works :)

you cant add channels via the 5000 via pid scan...here is what to do

1. scan the channels in on 3920 (the EWTN mux)
2. go to manual scan
3. change that transponder to the CW numbers that Lyngsat shows (3720)...when done entering hit exit and it will save DO NOT HIT OK AS IT WILL TRY AND SCAN AND YOU LOSE THE EXISTING CHANNELS IN THERE
4. go to channel edit
5. select the first channel on the EWTN mux and edit the pids
6. rename channel and done
7. delete blank channels
8. if you want to scan EWTN in add the transponder manually then rescan
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1450487-post8.html

as for the pids, edit them as such
101 vpid
102 apid
101 pcr

only other way is channelmaster

Perfect!...That did it!
Good night... what receiver out there can get these things in without all this?
Also... I'm obviously either blind or just stupid...
I thought I had a CoolSat 5000 all this time... I just noticed on the front of the thing, it's a 6000...
Y'all don't laugh too loud...

First time trying manual PID entry on the 9200...all 3 channels described here are working now! Not to hi-jack a thread, but why doesn't a blind scan find these?:confused:

Good night... what receiver out there can get these things in without all this?
no box will blind scan them in. Every box I've worked with needs manual entry....remember...we are not the intended audience for these and CW probably has professional units that require pid entry for everything :)

I've got a few boxes that dont offer pid entry so I can't use those boxes for CW :(

Also... I'm obviously either blind or just stupid...
I thought I had a CoolSat 5000 all this time... I just noticed on the front of the thing, it's a 6000...
Y'all don't laugh too loud...

we wont

the 6000 so the story goes is "a 5000 in a 4000 body". I owned both the 4000 *& 5000 and the 6K basically had something like more memory for a EPG...yeah like we need that ;)

Thanks again.
It would appear that there are a LOT of these things that won't scan... correct?
For instance, I just did the same for 4074H... and the PID & AID on Lyngsat didn't work, so that was fun...
Geez... I can see this taking a WHILE... now I see where the addiction comes in!

on G11 most of the stuff scans in for me just fine...depends on if the blind scan actually hits it

I know a detailed scan works on most of the G11/17 stuff especially the stuff that is really close in frequency (like where there is a 4074, 4082, 4088 & 4092 right together)

not unless you have a 4DTV...those channels are Digicipher II (DCII) so a DVB box (Coolsat, Pansat, Traxis, etc) wont pick them up

see attached from Lyngsat

the pencilled circle shows it being DCII (whereas the channels above are DVB which your box WILL get)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 165
I'll resurrect this thing one more time...

no box will blind scan them in. Every box I've worked with needs manual entry....remember...we are not the intended audience for these

This stuck a question in the back of my brain... are these just found by accident, trial & error, inside information, or what?

You'll need two things on one or your PC:
- BL-2030 card with BLSA addition and SA software;
- any DVB-S[2] board and TSReader[Lite] software.

If you techie enough ;) - use a notebook with WiFi, install wireless AP in your network;
when I'm on a roof tweaking LNBFs, I'm watching on my notebook ( using remote desktop client ) signals by BLSA/SA;
if I need to parse them - I fire up TSReader.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)