920 & 922

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have heard that Motorola is selling off the 4DTV(STB) Division shortly after the first of the year. Maybe that's why they are saying Motorola will no longer support 4DTV?? Maybe the new owner will. It is a cash flow business, and if cash comes in on 4DTV subs, even if they don't show black, they can use the cash to finance other company ventures, maybe??? Don't give up yet, Stay tuned for the next exciting adventure!!!

Would what happening affect the commercial DCII receivers as well?
As far as I know, there will be DCII stuff up there for quite some time to come. Just no more subs or channel maps for the consumer units. (4DTV) :(
The W5 HITS signals will still be available with a DSR-410 receiver. I have one and a 5ft solid dish I will be setting up, as a dedicated W5 system soon.
The commercial units should still work the same as they do now.

I guess I missed something here. Now I can and do receive some channels on W5, as well as other regular c-band channels on c3/c4, etc. Why can't the dsr922 receive w5 after moto acc pulls the plug, since I can get them now, and their channel maps are in the stream. What is different, just the authorization stream to the ird?

Would what happening affect the commercial DCII receivers as well?

No.

What is being reported to happen after December 31st is that the consumer data stream for the 905's-920's and 922 receivers will be turned off meaning....
1) No more guide information.
2) No more hits to the receiver, ie can no longer authorize a 4dtv receiver
3) Possibly (rumored) shut off of satellite mappings you now get off of G0 & G1
(this includes the generic channel maps)
Commercial DCII receivers will work as they always have as long as there are DCII signals out there.

3) Possibly (rumored) shut off of satellite mappings you now get off of G0 & G1
(this includes the generic channel maps)

The trick around this is simple. Don't let your receiver get hit. Once they shutdown the consumer data stream you will be safe. If the channel says this channel is not available it is only running the commercial data stream. It would be safe to even sit on those channels and if they go ITC it's still safe. Once the CDS gets shut off all together all the dc channels will have this message while encrypted. If a channel says a subscription is required then the data stream is still there.

Smart users will go in to protect mode no later than November 1st, I will be doing it Sept 25th the day my last sub runs out. Actually my bud has been sitting on C4 10 for the last couple weeks and I have not been taking any hits already.

The trick around this is simple. Don't let your receiver get hit....
...Smart users will go in to protect mode no later than November 1st, I will be doing it Sept 25th the day my last sub runs out. Actually my bud has been sitting on C4 10 for the last couple weeks and I have not been taking any hits already.
My 920 has been disconnected from the 7.5ft dish. Still plugged in of course. It still has all the maps including the DMX channels on W5. My subs have long since run out, but I don't want to lose anything mapped in there. I'll bet after "4D-Day" I'll be able to listen to DMX on it without losing them! :D:up

My 920 has been disconnected from the 7.5ft dish. Still plugged in of course. It still has all the maps including the DMX channels on W5. My subs have long since run out, but I don't want to lose anything mapped in there. I'll bet after "4D-Day" I'll be able to listen to DMX on it without losing them! :D:up

W5 concerns me since there is a data stream that will continue there. It is possible Motorola could kill us there. I will stay away from W5 until I'm sure.

W5 concerns me since there is a data stream that will continue there. It is possible Motorola could kill us there. I will stay away from W5 until I'm sure.
Good point. If Comcast/HITS takes the remaining 905/920/922's into that stream along with the 410's it should be OK, but if not.....who knows? :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)