921 Guide: Only 36 hours now?!?!

pbrown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
West Coast
Hello-

My 921 guide suddenly is only going out about 36 hours. I've done a check switch and reboot. When my wife got home last night, she said it was locked up, but she rebooted it. Can anyone else with a 921 confirm that they have the full 9 day guide? Thanks for your help.

Yeah,
What's up with this? Sure makes it hard to program shows when you're going to be out of town a few days. Just when we thought 921 was getting pretty stable, stuff like this happens.

This tread doesn't have 622 in it. Doh!

My name is Ray. I am a victim of the 921. Are there other 921 owners that are limited to 1.5 hours of the advertised 9 DAYS of EPG? WTF BBQ?

Thanks, dfergie, my old eyes saw this thread before, I just missed it tonight. What is going on? I guess I should just be thanking Dish that I have programming on my 921.... we're not worthy, we're not worthy....

just got off the phone with dish. went through the same procedures as I did earlier. power off for 10 minutes, pull card, check signal. still nothing. they did say they had several calls on this. their final answer was to shut off receiver at night and let the download do it's work. I don't know about the rest of you but this is common procedure for me. I think it's the product and mannerism of the 921!

dfergie said:
Merged, Mine still only goes into early Sunday morning...

I don't know what the problem is but yesterday evening my 921 was only going out about 2 days. Rebooted, didn't help. Put in standby overnight, still 2 days out this morning, then about noon today I checked and it had the 9 days back. It now shows to Sunday the 26'th. I'll sure be glad when April 1 gets here and I can get rid of this thing.

I've had the same problem on-and-off for months now.

It has no rhyme or reason when it craps out. One day I have 1-1.5 hours of program guide with NIA filling all of the slots and other days I have a full 9 day guide. Then there are the days that HDNET has the same program listed every hour of every day for 9 days straight. I need to get a pic of that... :rolleyes:

I've left it on and shut it off and *NEITHER* is a fix. Enabling or disabling the inactivity timer also does not have an effect. Rebooting does not help.

Mine has even listed EVERY channel that E* broadcasts including the Test_Card channel and other hidden channels.

Tomorrow your 921 will probably work fine.

I think the penguins inside are getting restless. :tux: :tux: :tux: :tux: :tux: :tux: :tux: :tux:

921 9 day program guide. Where'd it go?

Has anyone else lost the 9 day program guide on the 921 receiver.
Mine has been gone for two days. I do have a 2 day guide.
Is this another thing that Dish Network won't let us have anymore?
I've tried the power button re-boot, and the power cord re-boot.
All I can get is the 2 day guide.

Ya pay $999 for a receiver and $140 per month for service, but "I'm sorry sir you can not get a 622 or a 9 day program guide".

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a 2 day guide vs. the 9 day guide for three days now. I've contacted E* and have been told that it is a know issues specific to the 921 and reports are being sent to Engineering and that Engineering is working on the problem. My 721 and 510 still have the 9 day guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts