921 HELP Needed...please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

imthduke

Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
I am a green horn on the sat details...I just know I want to go HDTV, thus I ordered a 921 for the $549. I want to be ready to hook her up but don't know a thing about that. I know this has been asked a zillion times or more but if you could humor me, I would like info on a hook up from...I know I have twin LNB's on the roof(thats two seperate heads pointing to one dish). I have the 500 quad switch...I feed 3 receivers..501's. I see where there needs to be 2 lines for the 921 and it would be a major undertaking to run another line through the walls, therefore, can I get a DPP 44 switch and a spliter at the 921 to get it up and working? Will the DPP44 replace the switch that I have now? Should I get a pro to do this or is is simple enough for a MBA :) ? Any other info would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sounds possible but I'm not too familiar with the DPP44. However just to keep things clear as mud it's specifically a DPP separator, not just an ordinary splitter. Sounds like you've read enough to know the difference but let's try to keep from mixing the terms and confusing others. :D

Also, welcome to SatelliteGuys. :)

Are your LNB's Dish Pro? Do they have a DP on the front?

If so than yes just buy the DPP44 switch and splitter. If no then you would need to upgrade the LNB's or use your current setup and run another line.

No, the LBNF's are not dish pro.....guess I am stuck with trying to find a very small person to try to get another wire through a small crawl space. Thanks for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts