921 insists on 480p

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
I often switch between HD/SD output on my 921, HD mode for obvious reason, and SD for when I want to watch something on the 921 in my other rooms (modulated on channel 35). Anyways, I set it to 1080i for HD output. Usually when I switch to SD then back to HD, it (correctly) goes back to 1080i.

However, sometimes I catch it in 480p in HD output mode. I set my TV's default handling of 4:3 to do "wide zoom" (disproportionate stretch mode) so at first glance it just looks like bad source PQ, until I notice the warbly look on the edges of the screen. I assume this occasional reversion to 480p is "typical" and seen by others on the 921?

The funny thing is, I've only really noticed this happening a few times, two of which were when the same friend was over to see the TV. Both times: "hey, check this out" ... "yeah, not too bad..." ... "yeah, I like how.. uh... aw hell, hold on a sec...". :rolleyes:

The 921 if it is in SD mode when it reboots will change back to 480p for the HD mode EVERY time, this has been happening for at least the last year. I think it also does it if you were watching an SD channel.

Ah, thanks for the insight. So the 921 fer-sure reboots itself occasionally (and intentionally :rolleyes: )? If so, at what time(s)?

The 921 is supposed to reboot every night at around 3:00 if it is in standby mode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)