921 Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

umzzz

Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Ok im sure this has been asked many times before but i currently have a dish 500 system with the 2 dishes on my roof and all. I am about to get the 921 and want to know what i need to do to install it. i don't suppose i can just switch the wires from he 500 to the 921?? Kinda new at this install thing but i want to try it. Do i need to get a new switch and new wire or will i be able to use the same switch and wire i have now?

Thanks

Well, your ideas are kinda mixed here. You said "switch the wires from he 500 to the 921". It sounds like you have 2 dishes, so you should have a dish 500 and a dish 300 (or a 2nd D500 with only 1 LNBF) with wires going to a switch. From that switch you would have wire(s) going to your receiver(s).

You will unhook the wire from your current receiver and hook that wire up to the 921s first tuner. However that is not enough. You also need to run a second wire from the switch to the 921s second tuner before you turn it on.

That's basically it. If you want more info we'll need to know exactly what sort of equipment you have. Best way to tell us that is to go to your "check switch" screen and tell us what it says. Not only the switch part but the satellite parts too. Receiver type could be useful also, except it sounds like you are swapping it out for the 921.

Oh, and Welcome to Satellite Guys!

Sorry about the lack of information. I ran the check switch and heres what it said:

Switch- SW21 3-SAT
Dish Inputs: 1 1 1 1 2 2
Satellite: 119 119 110 110 61.5 61.5
Transponder: ODD EVEN ODD EVEN ODD EVEN

Also the receiver model is the 7200.

Thanks again for your help!

Good start, but unfortunately, with your setup, it does not tell us whether your outside hardware can do the job. We now know that it's "Legacy" gear.

You need to be able to effectively clone the existing wires to make another feed.

At the very least, you'll need a second SW-21 switch.

It's likely that your Dish 500 is a Legacy Twin LNB - 2 eyes in a single wide housing.
This is good, because it'll have an unused port for the second tuner.

So, that leaves the 61.5 LNB. It needs to be a Dual, so you've got a feed for the other side of the SW-21.

Note that the 921 MUST have two IDENTICAL feeds or it's trouble.

BTW, you'll end up with a configuration identical to mine - except I'm using 148 instead of 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)