921 is too noisy; has anyone had problems when putting in a closed box?

steverw

Original poster
Dec 5, 2004
The 921 I have is very noisy; I don't watch TV all the time, so it's quite noticeable.

The UHF remote would allow me to put it in a closed cabinet, I was wondering if anyone out there has seen any bad effects from putting a 921 in a closed box (such as heat-related failure).

Also wondering if all 921's are this noisy. I've got laptops, iPod, Tivo, the only thing that comes close to noise from this 921 is my multimedia RAID PC with 4 fans and 4 disk drives.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this...

Mine doesn't seem that noisy. Is the loudest part an airflow noise, or a motor or vibration noise? I think on mine there's a slight motor noise from the hard drive, combined with the airflow noise of the fan(s), and the scribbling sound of the hard drive when I'm on a digital channel (sat or digital OTA). Altogether, though, they don't really add up to very much noise. Then again, it is a few feet above my viewing position, and back a little from the TV screen (10-12 feet away), and my hearing may not be quite what it used to.

My 921 doesn't seem to make any noise. I usually have music playing when the TV is off so any noise would be masked anyway.
You might consider cutting a mouse pad into four pieces and placeing under the 921 feet to keep any vibration from getting to the shelf. Might help, might not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)