921 loses SD/HD and Format controls

Dirtydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 5, 2004
Susanville,Ca.
I just installed 921 last week and it has lost control of the SD/HD and Format controls three different times, I am able to restore with a Power switch re-boot. anyone have a clue why this happens.
I do have a filtered DSL line , but no filter at the 921. I have 32" Toshiba HD and use the 4:3 #1 setting as I like to use the Gray Bar setting at times rather then using Zoom, which loses some of the pq at sides.

Seems to be associated with L211, a number of people are noting similar problems. I filed an uncommon problem report with DISH, perhaps they'll figure it out and fix the next software.

Dirtydan said:
I just installed 921 last week and it has lost control of the SD/HD and Format controls three different times, I am able to restore with a Power switch re-boot. anyone have a clue why this happens.

This happened to me for the first time yesterday morning and I restored with a power switch re-boot. Then last night I switched to an OTA channel and got a no-lock error. Got the same message on all of the OTA channels that were coming in fine on my 6000 with a signal strength of 125. Even stranger, when I tried to go back to any satellite channel, I just got a black screen. Another power switch re-boot brought the satellite channels back, but not the OTA channels. I finally removed and re-scanned the OTA channels which brought them back.

Since I don't get the local guide data, this new update is creating more problems than it is solving for me. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts