921 remote Distinct ON and Off Codes

ttwaiter

Original poster
Oct 17, 2004
I just bought a Harmony SST-688 Remote. Which if you have not seen it is a wonderful remote by Logitech. It uses a web site to add all your devices and handles your amp switching and Input switching very well including HD/SD. However it can not find distinct IR codes for ON and Off for the 921. It only seems to have a Toggle. Which means if it was already on when I turn on the remote it turns the 921 off? Anyone know if there are distinct on off codes for the 921? :confused:

I thought the 921 remote was RF only. If it can be operated as IR I should be able to train my Denon remote tro operate it. Right??

The remote included with the 921 is UHF only for sending commands to the receiver. The 921 (receiver) responds to UHFPro or IR remote commands.

If the remote from your Denon is a learning remote it could be taught to control your 921, but not with the remote included with the 921. If you have access to the remote from a 721 you could use that to teach your Denon remote (tv/video on the 721 is the same command as hd/sd on the 921). You could use the remote from a 501/508/510 as well but it is missing the PIP buttons. The remote from a non-DVR receiver will work as well but you won't have the DVR buttons. Just make sure the remote you use is set for the same address as the 921 when you learn the codes.

ttwaiter said:
I just bought a Harmony SST-688 Remote. Which if you have not seen it is a wonderful remote by Logitech. It uses a web site to add all your devices and handles your amp switching and Input switching very well including HD/SD. However it can not find distinct IR codes for ON and Off for the 921. It only seems to have a Toggle. Which means if it was already on when I turn on the remote it turns the 921 off? Anyone know if there are distinct on off codes for the 921? :confused:

There are discreet codes and they work with the Harmony remotes. I used the Pronto codes posted by Mark in the 921 forum on the dbstalk site and used the utility at the Harmony site to convert/load them. I believe that codes uploaded to a profile may be made available to other harmony owners. I think that's how most of their databases were built. Check with the support folks at Harmony they have always been great.

=John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)